Screen Captures - How do I transfer to PC?

Apr 15, 2008
I've downloaded and installed the 2.0 update. I've played around a bit with the screen shot capture function built in to the 2.0 software but I'm stuck on how I get the captured screens to my PC.

I can see some pictures that I created in that scribble application but nothing that I captured using the built in function. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I've searched through the forums and cannot seem to find anything. Thank you!

(ps. i know i can e-mail them, i'm looking for more direct access).

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I do remember whenever I am on campus and plug my iPhone into charge it, it recognized it as a digital camera. Never for my Mac though. I don't know if that is because my iPhone was sync to that computer.

I email my pictures. Works pretty easy for me.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yes, Matt is correct. Just connect your phone and go to My Computer and it will be listed under Scanners and Cameras, Apple iPhone. You'll be able to copy the screen captures from there.

Apr 15, 2008
Yes, Matt is correct. Just connect your phone and go to My Computer and it will be listed under Scanners and Cameras, Apple iPhone. You'll be able to copy the screen captures from there.
Actually this didn't seem to work for me - However, I do have photoshop Elements (and old version too) that seemed to read the files correctly and extract them from the touch. Thank you for the advice!

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
I believe you have to take a picture with the phone first before it will recognize it as a digital camera on Windows.

It didn't notice it when I first plugged it in, but once I took a picture and plugged it in it came up as a digital camera.

Apr 15, 2008
I believe you have to take a picture with the phone first before it will recognize it as a digital camera on Windows.

It didn't notice it when I first plugged it in, but once I took a picture and plugged it in it came up as a digital camera.

Well, again, this is for the touch so i can't really take pictures but I can do screen captures. This is how the conversation started - i took some screen captures that I wanted to get to my pc. Thanks for trying though.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Well, again, this is for the touch so i can't really take pictures but I can do screen captures. This is how the conversation started - i took some screen captures that I wanted to get to my pc. Thanks for trying though.
I must have missed that and the thread section "Windows and iPhone" made me think it was an iPhone - :\

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
You can take a screenshot and it will be saved to your camera roll, on your next sync a subfolder will be created in your pictures folder on your computer after it imports your newly taken pictures , and you can make copies of that or delete it.

Ok just read it was for a touch too...which means you don't have a camera roll, my bad. It should still show up as an external device in my computer though.