Screen cleaning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LudaMan

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
does anyone have any recommendations what to use to clean the screen? Ive only had my phone a few days and its already covered with fingerprints, so I've been using a dress sock, which has worked alright.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I put a little of rubbing alcohol on the cloth, then wipe it. It makes it look really nice.

n_kat

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Oregon Coast
does anyone have any recommendations what to use to clean the screen? Ive only had my phone a few days and its already covered with fingerprints, so I've been using a dress sock, which has worked alright.
I use an optical cleaning solution that I also use to clean my eye glasses. It works great!

wray

Aug 29, 2007
I use iKlear (the iPod/Mac case/Mac display cleaner sold at the Apple store). The kit comes with a couple of microfiber cloths and the cleaning solution not only cleans things up nicely, but leaves a nice smooth finish for your finger stylus!

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I use iKlear (the iPod/Mac case/Mac display cleaner sold at the Apple store). The kit comes with a couple of microfiber cloths and the cleaning solution not only cleans things up nicely, but leaves a nice smooth finish for your finger stylus!
These cloths are the best I have found. Personally, I am not using any cleaning agent on my iPhone other than just water. Every once and awhile I will get just a taaaaaad bit of soapy water on my finger and rub the screen and then rerub it with just a taaaaad bit of water. I then just dab it dry with a towel and then wipe clean with the lint-free cloth. I don't' see how the cleaning solution for an LCD could hurt the screen but everything I have seen says not to use this.

I have been very impressed with the durability of the screen.

tpd

Aug 19, 2007
I use a 3M Microfiber Lens Cloth that I also use for my glasses. Most of the time I'll dampen it lightly with LensCrafters cleaning solution. I know they say not to use chemicals but I'm careful to use the minimum amount needed to get the shmutz off the screen. And as Andy I. said on his CBS segment, alcohol dries quicker and cleaner than water.