Screen freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeckMaster, Jul 19, 2007.

1. DeckMaster

DeckMaster New Member

IDK if this has been addressed on this forum before (forgive me if it has), but my iPhone has frozen on a few occasions, most recently this morning.

Specifically, the phone will not respond to me sliding the arrow to unlock and I was forced to reset.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
  2. alb0zf1n3st

alb0zf1n3st New Member

Are you running many things like Wifi on / safari loading a big webpage / using ipod at the same time? The phone tends to freeze when you do so much crap at 1 time lol .. I just hold home botton and sleep to get it to reset and work
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. sparkle

sparkle New Member

It happened to me for the first time this morning - I couldn't receive a phone call because the slider got stuck. I did the reset and it was fine....but I've seen many mentions of the slider getting stuck for others. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing issue...
  5. thedwp

thedwp New Member

How full do you have it? It may be bogging down.
  6. DismalScientist

DismalScientist New Member

Freezing

I have had several instances of freezing and after reading this thread I am wondering if it is the same problem as addressed here.

I have had several instances of freeazing when receiving a call. The phone rings and when I try to answer the screen is dark. Pressing the home button has no effect and, of course the call is lost.

Today, I had a different freeze. I was using the ipod function and it just stopped. The screen showed the name of the album and the music bars, but no button would function. I tried calling the phone and it went immediately to voice mail.

I am not sure how many other functions were running when these freezes occured.

Are these two problems both part of the problem of freezing reported in prior posts and is it likely the next software upgrade will address this?

Thanks.
  7. xoulo

xoulo New Member

happened to me several times, but just leave it alone for like 30 sec and everything is fine again, I think it needed sometimes to load, but don't go restart or reset everytimes something happen to it.. :laugh2:
  8. ajth87

ajth87 Member

for the first time today I experienced a freezing also. My phone was asleep and it rang, when I went to answer the slider wouldn't move. I repeatedly tried to move it but nothing. I pushed the home button and then tried and it moved fine. It happened twice in a row. then I got a phone call about 30 minutes later and I had no problem. IDK what the problem was but I figured I address it. One more thing, I was reading about having too many things running at once. I thought that when you push the home button that you exit the application. Is this wrong? is there another way to end the applications that I don't know about? Please let me know. thanks
  9. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

actually you need to hold the home button for about 5 secs
  10. ajth87

ajth87 Member

wow I didn't know that. well maybe that is because they don't come with manuals...lol.. now if I am using the ipod and before using the ipod I used the web browser. when exiting the ipod by holding the home button. will it end all apps or just ipod? and by actually ending them, will that give me longer battery life? thanks