Screen goes white when I use Instagram.

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by mqywaaah, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

Hi all! I just want to ask if anyone here has encountered any problems of the same sort? My iPhone goes white but doesn't freeze so when this happens all I do is push the sleep button then home button then it's back to normal. Works well with other apps except for instagram where it goes completely white. Will post a video of this in a bit.
    Oh btw my phone is jailbroken, runs on ios version 4.1

2. royalty_minded_1me

royalty_minded_1me New Member

Power on & off, then check for updates for app, and possibly reload the app. Hope it works now. My IG works well

Life journey is perfection one day at a time...

3. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

thanks for the suggestion. What I did was I updated my os and everything seems to be working fine except for that one time when it happened again this time just as I was about to take a photo of my son. Did a reset and the problem hasn't occurred. Yet. Will have to have a close watch on this matter in the next following days. Thanks!

4. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

ok so things have been running smoothly and then this happened

after resetting the phone (usually it doesn't need a reset, just a couple of push of the on/off button) this is what pops up saying that the springboard has crashed etc
    [​IMG]

5. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

Have you tried it on clean restore without jailbreaking? It could be a jailbreak issue...

6. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

not yet but if I do then I wouldn't be able to use my phone without unlocking and jailbreaking. However, I do think this is a jailbreak issue. I hope that it is. This isn't what they call the white screen of death, or will it become eventually?

7. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

I have a iPhone 3GS...without jailbreak, Instragram works great. Mind you, it's on 5.0.1, not 4.1.

8. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

It could be an issue with your firmware (i.e the fact that you're on 4.1). You might just need to update to say 4.3.3 or perhaps 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak (if you are jailbroken). I use instagram (jailbroken on 5.0.1) and can honestly say I've never experienced this with my 3gs.

Make sure you backup your phone though first if you do decide to update to 5.0.1.;)

9. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

ok so far after that message saying something crashed with my phone and needed a restart happened, I've never (thank God) encountered that same bug again. Safe to say, so far so good. Everything is running smoothly. Hope that problem doesn't re-occur anytime soon.

10. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

mind you the motherboard has been replaced. Could this be another board problem?

11. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

ok so I paid the iPhone repair mecca of Manila, Philippines, a visit a couple of days ago to have phone my looked at since it was in that same place I had my board replaced. The geniuses had this idea that it could be a camera problem or a dusty motherboard that needed cleaning. So they cleaned it and brushed it and replaced my camera with one that they got from another customer's iPhone 3gs that was also being repaired (thieves. I feel bad for the owner of the phone) in the same shop.
    The first two days the phone was working great until the same symptoms started showing up again. I demanded, after having paid a kind of hefty price to have the board replaced, that it could (might) be a board problem and have the board replaced again, this time with a decent performing one. They said that they're looking into the problem and are exploring possible solutions to once and for all end my dillemma.
    Has anybody else experienced this with their phones? I find it hard to believe that of all the posters here, only I am experiencing this problem.

12. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

Can anyone identify what the problem with my phone is this time? Here's a video I made a while back
    First this:

And then immediately after, this:

All started cos I wanted to take a picture of what I had for lunch today. Opened the camera app and then bam! These series of events started happening. Haven't interacted with my phone normally for 6 hrs now haha! Crazy! All this because the of the camera. What the h?

13. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

And tried doing a restore but no luck. Screen kept flashing an error message saying there was a problem and that the phone could not be restored. Wow! My luck right? Considering upgrading to a 4g or an S but I'd rather wait for the 5 to come out.

But I love this phone! :(

14. mqywaaah

mqywaaah New Member

Note to the admins, please. If possible, kindly, change the thread title from
    "Screen goes white when I use Instagram." to "Screen goes white when I use the camera", please? Thank you very much in advance.