screen lightspot

Oct 17, 2007
i got a phone second hand and it has a light on it. it doesn't look like the phone was dropped or anything, it just has a light spot on it. will ATT replace this? what is a number to call to talk to an ATT person about this?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I think what you're talking about is a dead pixel.

Send it to Apple; they may or may not replace it.

Oct 17, 2007
no this is not a dead pixel, there is a portion of the screen which is slightly lighter in color than the rest of the screen. kind of yellowish when the screen is black. and thats the only time you can really tell.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Try putting your finger over the little spot and "pull" it out to the center of the phone. It might be modded and this could be the Dock application. Otherwise, I would suggest taking it to Apple as they may replace it.

Oct 17, 2007
Try putting your finger over the little spot and "pull" it out to the center of the phone. It might be modded and this could be the Dock application. Otherwise, I would suggest taking it to Apple as they may replace it.
i am aware of the dock application, that is not the problem. if you were to be holding the phone upright its on the right side midway up the screen and about 1/4 inch in and it runs for about 1/2 inch....i don't know how modding it could cause this? i would just make sure to revirginize the phone before i took it in.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Whoa that seems like it's definitely an issue with the screen and Apple should fix it for you. I remember a few months back some other people complained of the same phantom spots and they took theirs to Apple for a replacement. I can't remember if it was just bad from the get go but I'm almost certain modding didn't do anything to make it happen.