Screen Not Working! Help!

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
I have a 2g 8gb and the lower half of my screen is not responding to touch. It just stopped responding the other day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have restored soft and hard, partial and full. Nothing so far has worked. Can I replace the screen itself? Is the phone trash? HELP HELP HELP!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried a restore to factory settings? If that doesn't work, it's likely a hardware issue. Yes, you can replace the screen.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You might have to replace the digitizer/glass screen. I replaced mine back in November and the replacement part was about $35 with shipping. I did it myself and the phone works perfectly still.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Same

Mine did the same thing this weekend. I guess I am going to take it to Apple and see what they say. I know that I am out of pocket something, but I need this v1 to at least get me to July. It is unusable in its current state.

mrfreez

Mar 28, 2009
Did it get wet that could also cause the problem if that
is the case after a while it should start working normally again

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Mine did not get wet, it just stopped working in the middle of the day. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to it at all.

nakul

Jan 2, 2010
somebody help me...! my iPhone was workin fine till now.. i got a call while the phone was on charge.. i piked it up n now the screen went blank..
it is not turning on wen i press the home button... the power button DOESN'T work so i cant restart it.... what should i do.. i can hear the tone wen i put it on charge.. the phone is recievin the calls but the screen does switch on...