Screen problem disappears

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So you may have seen me mention dropping my iPhone to the pavement many times in several of my past posts, one time even stepping on it while it was face-down (!)....

Well, my cheapo rubber skin has done wonders at keeping my phone looking stock. But I did notice after the stepping-on incident that there was a dark spot on the screen. It wasn't too noticeable... only on really white screens pretty much... but enough to annoy the average iPhone enthusiast.

Anyway, I was willing to chalk it up to whatever and ignore it unless there were even more issues before the warranty ran up... but the problem went away after about 2 weeks now!

I just wanted to share the good news in case any one else has apparently damaged their screen. Apparently these things are self-healing! ;)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Sounds like an iPhone bruise! It healed itself!

chined

Jan 16, 2008
Hi guys I am new to this forum and have a problem with my iPhone.
My iPhone dropped at the pavement and closed down, after I try to open it again it came up with a blank screen for e few seconds and down again, I called my number it rings and one time I even connect but that is all I coult do now.
Any one knows what I can do to get it right? Thanks a lot!

trflick

Oct 4, 2007
If there is anyway to power it completely off that might help? If you can see the power off slider...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time and hold them for 10 seconds. If you don't see anything after that, take it to your nearest Apple store.