Screen Problem

Jan 28, 2008
I had 1.1.2 OTB about two weeks ago, but I accidentally dropped it without any crack, but the screen went dead (only a few instances that the phone is still functioning.)

For instance, when one calls, I am able to slide to answer the phone call, but then I am unable to hang up or turn off the screen after the call is done.

Another instance, when I am plugging the charger in, then the screen will automatically turn on, but I am unable to touch any icons appear on screen, then if I turn it off while the charge is still plugging in, I am not able to turn it back on without unplugging the charger and plug the charger back in to turn on the screen.

I was suggested to restore the phone and bring it to Apple store to repair. However, last night I tried to restore to manufacture setting and was forcefully be upgraded it to 1.1.3.

After I restored it, at the main original screen, i am able to turn on/off normally. Especially, when I turned it on, I can use the "slide for emergency" and enter phone number on this main screen normally.

My question is that since it appears to work fine on this original state, I can't bring it to Apple store and tell them that the screen does not work. So, what should I do? Anyone run into situations like this before?

Also, can I jailbreak again with 1.1.2 OTB and currently being upgraded to 1.1.3. after being restored?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
so if it works fine then there is no need to bring it to Apple correct? or am I reading this wrong

Jan 28, 2008
so if it works fine then there is no need to bring it to Apple correct? or am I reading this wrong
Well, it didn't work before I restore it, but the main screen after I restored seems to be fine. So, at this time, I am not sure when I jailbreak again, will it work normally or will it have the same problem?

More importantly, my phone is 1.1.2 OTB, but when i restore it, I was forced to upgrade to 1.1.3. So, can I jailbreak it with newer version of software with older version 1.1.2?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You should check the iPhone modifications forum. All the jailbreak pros hang out over there.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I doubt the jailbreak has anything to do with the screen not working. I'm sure it was the fall and it needed a restore. And from what ive read 1.1.3 is jailbreakable with some time and patience

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I doubt the jailbreak has anything to do with the screen not working. I'm sure it was the fall and it needed a restore. And from what ive read 1.1.3 is jailbreakable with some time and patience
I didn't say that the jailbreak had anything to do with the screen not working. You did ask about jailbreaking 1.1.3 and I tried to send you to the appropriate forum for modifying your phone.