Screen Protectors and iPhone 6, 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by liberated, Sep 12, 2014.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

So...with the new curved screen at the edges, do you plan on adding a screen protector? I have never been a fan of screen protectors but the new design made me wonder how many will choose to forgo that. Installation may be a pain due to no completely flat surface on the new screen....thoughts?

2. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I looked for one on Amazon, but didn't see a brand I recognized.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

4. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I don't like those type of screen protectors. I know they do a good job, but I just don't like the liquid application of them.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I ordered a cheap set ($3.95) for my wife's 4.7-inch iPhone 6. I'm not sure if I'll keep it installed, but I figured it would be a good idea to have cheap coverage on day one. It was Prime eligible, so free shipping. It's the iCarez HD Clear. They have an anti-glare for $1 more. At some point, I'll probably switch her to tempered glass. I don't see her moving to an iPhone 6S next year, so want to outfit her phone with good protection.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Spigen offers a 3 pack for $9.99 and it is a dry application. I still have my original on from 2 years ago on my 5.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I didn't see Spigen as Prime eligible. Also, I'm a little cautious with screen protectors being available before the phone. Something tells me the measurements might be slightly off. That being said, I'd trust Spigen more so over lesser known vendors.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Have to question one of those 5-star reviews that said it was a perfect fit for the iPhone 6.:D

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Remember, the Chinese clone has been out for a while and it's a perfect copy of the iPhone 6 so that's probably where the reviews are referring too..... That or they are fake lol!!

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

That is the wrong link ?? How did that get there ? WHat the hell I got the right thing ordered with the wrong link?
    [​IMG]
    I better get a screen protector not a china case

12. Bmichael78

Bmichael78 New Member

I used the tech armor ballistic glass screen protector on my 5s. It came out perfectly. I have the worst ability usually so it was extra painful to sell it yesterday to help eat the cost of the 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I just did the iCarez install on my wife's iPhone 6. It's an interesting system. The provide you with a set up clear rubber bands. You line up the screen protector with the rubber bands. Once your happy, you use a sticker, half applied to screen protector and the other to the back of the phone. You put a sticker on the right side, which is your 'pull' sticker. Using that pull side, you lift it up and remove the backing. Now you've still got the sticker in place on the left, which helps create a nice alignment. It affixed quickly and no bubbles. Then I removed the top part and boom, a crystal clear protector.

It doesn't offer 100 percent coverage, but overall, seems like it'll protect the screen itself.

14. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I have always used a matte or anti-glare screen protector. Couldn't really find one I was satisfied with on Amazon last week, so I settled for a clear. Not real happy with it. Looked again today, but nothing stood out.

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My issue for a full case protection is that I still want to show off the gold. As for a screen protector film protectors, I quit that when I first started with the iPhone...:p They are very very annoying in my opinion.

16. snowtrooper1966

Gold

As with my 5, have installed Zagg tempered glass protector on 6+. They trimmed edge fit dimensions a bit to accommodate beveled glass.
    Easy DRY install and perfect fit.
    Highest recommendation!
    ONLY thing I would like different is a matted non-glare version...

IMG_0006.JPG

#16 snowtrooper1966, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  17. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I don't like screen protectors as they bubble up around the edges. My iPhone 6 came with a plastic sheet over the device and I took it off when I got home. I'm even being so brave as to go without a case on the phone.

18. iprncess

iprncess Member
    Bronze

The Zagg glass is just that (glass) and it doesn't bubble. I can't say enough how pleased I am with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Been looking at Amazon today for a different screen protector. Found the iCarez that Chris had mentioned earlier, but in anti-glare. I always look at reviews. One common theme with the reviews for screen protectors for the new iPhones is that people are complaining about the size and that these are too small for the screen.
    I believe that these are designed that way intentionally due to the curved edges of the screen, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. iprncess

iprncess Member
    Bronze

Yeah I think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk