Screen Recorders

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Trying to find a good screen recorder for my stupid pc I know this has nothing to do with the iPhone but was hoping someone out here knows of any free screen recorders that they have used and recommend for making a video... Thanks

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Producer

Try the free Producer product from Microsoft. I've used this to record what I'm doing onscreen in order to produce a demo video (wmv format) to distribute to others. I guess you could convert from wmv to mp4 or other formats using other free tools, if you didn't want wmv.

It will record audio, too, so you can speak into the microphone while doing tasks on the screen.

melody

Dec 18, 2008
Try the free Producer product from Microsoft. I've used this to record what I'm doing onscreen in order to produce a demo video (wmv format) to distribute to others. I guess you could convert from wmv to mp4 or other formats using other free tools, if you didn't want wmv.

It will record audio, too, so you can speak into the microphone while doing tasks on the screen.
Thanks. I'm looking for it.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
FRAPS works just fine. You can record anything (if you're running Vista).

If you're using XP, what I would do is just get an external video capture thing for $30 somewhere and use that.