Screen repair on 3G now something else is wrong!

floyd33

Dec 11, 2008
Hello!

This is my first post on this forum. I dropped my 3g last week and the screen cracked. I went on ebay and bought the new screen/digitizer combo and it arrived quickly. My husband tried to replace it and really messed up the connection on the #3 port. Long story short, we took it to a wireless store, they fixed it for $30 (!) and they tested the phone for calls, touch screen, etc. I get it home last night, insert my SIM, and try to call my husband. Well, no sound is coming from the speaker--at all. If I hit the speakerphone button, I can hear everything just fine. The problem is that I can't be on speakerphone all the time for every call, lol. If it's any help, the screen isn't completely flush with the beveled chrome due to the screen replacement, so I set a heavy book on it last night (it was turned off) in hopes that it would "settle" a bit. It worked a little. Any recommendations on what could be wrong/needs to be fixed?

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Try inserting headphones into the jack a few times, sometimes that clears uo certain sound issues. Then try a full restore in iTunes, lastly take it back to Apple and let a genius look at it for you, good luck, and welcome to EIC.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Why not just take it back to the place that replaced the screen? They could have messed something up...

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Why not just take it back to the place that replaced the screen? They could have messed something up...
After rethinking my previous post (that I deleted) I agree with efuseakay.