Screen scratched, power button has dent

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
Never had this problem on any other iPhones. I clean this phone less than I did my 5s, I already have noticeable scratches on the screen and a small dent near the power button. It's been in a case before the dent happened as well. I've never had to use a screen protector before (don't like the feeling of one), but seems like I may have to this time around. Anyone else having any issues with this?

Sep 6, 2014
I was waiting from a long time for iPhone with bigger screen, not enough stocks came to Dubai market for 6+, now after reading all this thinking to wait for 6s, may it will come better than now in quality.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
:eek: This sounds TERRIBLE! Sorry this has happened to your iPhone. Seems like you will be taking a trip to your local Apple store, after you make your Genius Appointment, for a swap out.

Can you snap a picture of the set and possibly the scratches on the screen?

As a rule I always use a screen protector on all my iPhones, this Big iPhone 6+ is no different. I could never be so brave as to let them go naked. There are screen protectors like SGP that are virtually undetectable. Can't see or feel them. Will you use a screen protector on your new iPhone after you get it swapped after this experience?

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I don't ever leave the store without an installed screen protector. I might go a day or so without a case, but on my iPhone 6 I had the screen protector on before it even activated. Scratches on the screen drive me straight up a tree - way more than is rational.

Unfortunately, I don't think scratches and dents are covered by AppleCare or by any other warranty with which I'm familiar.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
No scratches or dents here but my 6+ has been in a case and had a Zagg Glass screen protector on it from the beginning. Sorry about your situation and hope you get it swapped out.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
No scratches or dents here but my 6+ has been in a case and had a Zagg Glass screen protector on it from the beginning. Sorry about your situation and hope you get it swapped out.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums
The Zagg Glass is really high quality. It almost feels as if you didn't put anything on it. Right when I took my 6 out of the box I put the it on. Didn't want a chance to have anything under the protector. I'm really weird about cleanliness. I really do suggest everyone to get the Glass. It's pretty expensive though.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't used a screen protector since iPhone 3Gs. In the first few days I noticed a scratch on my iPhone 6 screen. I also purchased the Zagg Glass at Best Buy (will match the Amazon price) and am pretty happy with it. My only beef with it is that it can't go edge to edge due to the new curved glass.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The Zagg Glass is really high quality. It almost feels as if you didn't put anything on it. Right when I took my 6 out of the box I put the it on. Didn't want a chance to have anything under the protector. I'm really weird about cleanliness. I really do suggest everyone to get the Glass. It's pretty expensive though.
True. Most of the glass screen protectors are great. Much better than the usual ones. They look better and you don't have the risk of bubbles when you apply one.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Never had this problem on any other iPhones. I clean this phone less than I did my 5s, I already have noticeable scratches on the screen and a small dent near the power button. It's been in a case before the dent happened as well. I've never had to use a screen protector before (don't like the feeling of one), but seems like I may have to this time around. Anyone else having any issues with this?
I normally don't use a screen protector either but my 5 had several scratches unlike my other devices. When I got the 6 I went with Zagg Glass. I don't think I'd be surprised about scratches if my screen isn't protected. It seems plausible that the phone could be damaged if not protected. Guess I'm confused by the warranty comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
That bites! I have a screen protector (ventov) since the day I got the phone I can NOT believe how well it works I can't see it no fingerprints I'm stoked it's not pricey (it was free to begin with I have two never used the second one yet)!
Awesome I think il have the guy install the second one when its time lol!
Yes Apple will likely exchange

Aug 1, 2007
I was waiting from a long time for iPhone with bigger screen, not enough stocks came to Dubai market for 6+, now after reading all this thinking to wait for 6s, may it will come better than now in quality.

Sent from my SM-N9005
Still a great phone, snag one while you can. I think this is just a couple unfortunate events for me. Maybe it was there when I got it, and I hardly noticed it. It's a small dent but pretty noticeable when I saw it. I never dropped it without the case, it was on almost immediately after having it on. Perhaps dropping it in the case once in class could've caused the dent? The floors were carpet, so not sure how that happened. The scratches are very light and are surface scratches, no actual SCRATCHES. Just annoying to see 3 weeks into owning a brand new phone.

And that glass screen protector may be a must and is noted. Thanks for the recommendation!