Screen shifting halfway down the display

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iPutz, Nov 14, 2014.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I noticed something very odd that I have never seen before on any of my other iPhones. I'll be working in an app and the screen being displayed suddenly slides half way down the display leaving the top of the display black, during the time this is happening the touch screen seems unresponsive and then within a few seconds the screen slides back up and all is normal again. This has happened several times since I got the iPhone 6 yesterday and happens so quickly I don't even have a chance react and get a screen shot. It has happened once while I was messing with the WiFi settings and the other time was while I was setting up a playlist. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening. It doesn't seem to be a problem just a little odd.

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Reachability. It's a new feature to help you reach items on the top portion of the screen display. You can turn it on and off in Settings, Accessibility. To activate it you double tap the home button on an iPhone 6 or 6+. (Double tap, do not press)

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thanks, I looked and it was turned on so I shut it off for now. That was probably the reason for what I was seeing. I don't know that I had double pressed the home button but can't say I didn't either. Thanks again for the quick reply.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Oops, I just noticed that I need to change my signature.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

5. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

You don't have to depress the home button. Just a simple double tap will activate Reachability.