Screen Toughness

JimmyR

Aug 18, 2008
I've seen these screen protectors around, but I was wondering whether they are really needed. I have a 3G iPhone for about 3 weeks now. No scratches but I treat it right :) I read somewhere that the screen has some hard anti-scratch coating. Is this true or should I get one of those protectors?

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
I had my v1 for almost a year. Never had any kind of screen protection on it. Yes, I was careful with it, but I did carry it in my pants pocket and exposed it to the knocks and bangs of everyday life for that year. The screen is still in perfect condition. Not a scratch one. The iPhone's screen is very robust when it comes to scratch resistance. At least in my experience.

TEXMEX

Aug 18, 2008
I got a screen protector, but this is my first iPhone. I have found with other phones, I would treat them right but when I would get busy at work I wouldn't be thinking and put coins and keys into the pocket that I have my phone in, and scratch the heck out of them. So I would rather be safe than sorry.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
the screen is as far as i have seen un scratchable, however it is easy to shatter. but in my experience the screen protects when put on right make the screen look better, they cut out those greasy fingerprints and smudges and just feel more comfortable to touch then just the bar screen, besides its can't hurt to have a screen protector right