Screen turns black

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

primality

Jun 13, 2007
I have seen this with 2 diffrerent iPhones now...The phone will die and there is no way to turn it on. The only way to use the phone again is to restore the phone to factory settings on iTunes. All data saved on the phone is lost.

Is anybody else having this problem? Any ideas on the cause of this?

It would be a pain to have to have to do this periodically.

SPCartmanLand

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
if the phone's battery dies completely leave it on charger may take a few minutes for it to get enough charge to even do anything this happens with all pda's and stuff ive used

primality

Jun 13, 2007
if the phone's battery dies completely leave it on charger may take a few minutes for it to get enough charge to even do anything this happens with all pda's and stuff ive used

Thanks, but this will happen when there is some charge. The phone will show up on iTunes and it will feel warm like it is taking a charge, but the screen is blank and there is no way to turn it on.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I had to restore my iPhone yesterday because edge wasn't working for me. I hate doing that I didn't know it would delete all my pictures. Never had my iPhone brick..yet.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I had to restore my iPhone yesterday because edge wasn't working for me. I hate doing that I didn't know it would delete all my pictures. Never had my iPhone brick..yet.

Just so you know the edge network went down for MOST of the west coast for 5-6 hours. It wasn't you.

Jun 30, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
mine did it too

I have seen this with 2 diffrerent iPhones now...The phone will die and there is no way to turn it on. The only way to use the phone again is to restore the phone to factory settings on iTunes. All data saved on the phone is lost.

Is anybody else having this problem? Any ideas on the cause of this?

It would be a pain to have to have to do this periodically.

My phone did this yesterday. The way you turn it back on is hold down the Home button and the Power button on the top of iPhone at the same time for 10 seconds. Then I think you let off the Power button, still holding the Home button, and the phone will reboot.

Something like that. It werked for mine.

Wonder why it died like that?

primality

Jun 13, 2007
My phone did this yesterday. The way you turn it back on is hold down the Home button and the Power button on the top of iPhone at the same time for 10 seconds. Then I think you let off the Power button, still holding the Home button, and the phone will reboot.

Something like that. It werked for mine.

Wonder why it died like that?
Thanks, I'll do this if it happens again. It happened during normal use with me.