Screen won't fully turn off

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
I have my iPhone since saturday, love it. I just turned the screen off using the top button and it does not go off all the way. the only way i can explain it is like when you turn your TV off it gives that dark brown screen right before it goes all the way off. my iPhone is doing that but it never goes fully black where you cant tell where the screen end and begins. hope this makes sense. anyone else have this issue. thanks for any help

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
You could try a hard reset. Push and hold the home buttun along with your sleep button and wait till it does something. ( correct me if im wrong everyone, never had to do a hard reset myself ). But if that doesn't help I'd deffinately take it back and have it exchanged. Hopefully there isn't any physical damage on the phone, otherwise they will tell you it was caused by user abuse and will have to pay to get it repaired.

Good luck!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It never goes fully black where you cant tell where the screen end and begins. hope this makes sense. anyone else have this issue. thanks for any help

Ummm....it'll never do that. turn the phone off then you'll see that the screen is always "kinda brown" :p

jasunto

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Ummm....it'll never do that. turn the phone off then you'll see that the screen is always "kinda brown" :p
i agree about that, mine turns off and you can tell it is off but it kinda looks brown like an off lcd panel, try this power yours down and you will see the black screen with the spinning indicator, once it turns off it will change again and blank out completely, that is the lcd in an off state

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
it was doing that before. sure, if you look really hard you can tell, but never like this. i will do a hard resent and see if that fixes it when i get home.

Thanks for the help so far

D

danny cena

Just do it,cowboy!
You just need to reset your iPhone to its Windows default.
I think this idea must be a helpful measure .
Good luck!