Screen won't turn on in cold weather

shreadette

Mar 3, 2008
Indianapolis
Ok - here it goes. I just got my iPhone last Dec. I love it, except for a few problems that I was wondering if anyone else is having. My screen does not seem to want to activate when it is exposed to colder weather or when my fingers are cold. Is this common? Also in the last two weeks it seems to just fade or dissappear randomly when in use. Very frustrating. Sometime it takes several minutes before it pops back on, even after hitting the home button. I was wondering if I just got a LEMON phone or these problems are typical. Any help would be appreciated.
Shawn

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I have had the fading problem but not to the extent that you seem to be having. As for the cold well Im in Arkansas and it doesn't get to cold here, so either way I don't think I can help to much. I would love to hear what someone has to say about the fading tho.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I haven't had the fading out issue you mention. As for the cold weather, that hasn't happened to me either and it get pretty cold in in nyc. i don't know what that might be.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Can't say that happens to me.. Is your screen clean? Use the cloth that it came with and wipe it down

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
not that its gone help any but I think the screen dimming has something to do with auto bright. The thing is with it off my bat, goes down so fast I pretty much have to keep it on.

shreadette

Mar 3, 2008
Indianapolis
Thanks to all

Screen is clean - not really sure. I think that you might be right on the auto dimming feature. I might have to send it back to Apple. Love the site - learned a lot - Thanks for all the help.

Shawn

shreadette

Mar 3, 2008
Indianapolis
Is it fading or just going back to the homescreen?
Fades to black - then I try to hit the main button and nothing, so I take it out of case and it pops back on.....sometimes it doesn't....sometimes it takes it a minute to pop back on.......whatever application I had open is still open too and no error signs.... - AGAIN - thanks for all the help.
S

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Welcome to EIC .... I'd say you have a defective phone. Take it to an Apple store if you have one nearby and see what they say. Good luck!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think your case my be pressing the lock button or something. Do you have the problem when it's not in the case?

shreadette

Mar 3, 2008
Indianapolis
I think your case my be pressing the lock button or something. Do you have the problem when it's not in the case?
I have never kept it out of a case....but it does it regardless and it comes in spurts. I think that I have a lemon. I will have to send it to Apple, but a day without my phone seems like h_ll. Thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have never kept it out of a case....but it does it regardless and it comes in spurts. I think that I have a lemon. I will have to send it to Apple, but a day without my phone seems like h_ll. Thanks
Probably a good idea.