Screens feel smoother on the iPhone 6 and Plus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
I know it's not sapphire but has anyone felt like these screens feel much smoother than other phones before? I feel like texting is so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The screen feels the same to me except at the edges. I loved the curved glass. It reminds me of the edge of a waterfall. The screen looks really glossy in comparison to the 5s and the edges look and feel so smooth.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I think it feels so much smoother because it's new. Our oils and body DNA as well as element dirt hasn't had a chance to adhere to the glass yet. LOL!!

I'm not a scientist so IDK if our DNA, body oils and dirt from the elements can actually adhere to the glass in a way that makes it feel crappy but hey it was worth a shot. LOL! U never know.

Scientist get in here and comment........

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I think it feels so much smoother because it's new. Our oils and body DNA as well as element dirt hasn't had a chance to adhere to the glass yet. LOL!!

I'm not a scientist so IDK if our DNA, body oils and dirt from the elements can actually adhere to the glass in a way that makes it feel crappy but hey it was worth a shot. LOL! U never know.

Scientist get in here and comment........
Where's Bill Nye when we need him? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Not a scientist and don't play one on TV. I do love science though.
The screen does seem more glossy and I don't believe it has anything to do with the edges. I would say I can't put my finger on it but.......

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Not a scientist and don't play one on TV. I do love science though.
The screen does seem more glossy and I don't believe it has anything to do with the edges. I would say I can't put my finger on it but.......
..........it's the DNA isn't it?! Yup, that pesky DNA right off of our fingers and faces! We are polluting our own screens. So the new screen is fresh without our muck and it feels so good....for now.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
..........it's the DNA isn't it?! Yup, that pesky DNA right off of our fingers and faces! We are polluting our own screens. So the new screen is fresh without our muck and it feels so good....for now.
It's not so much our DNA (although I guess your technically correct), it's more like our skin and other dirt and grime that make the screen gross. I would imagine that since it feels "smoother" that they had a different type of process in making the Gorilla Glass or layering. I'm not entirely sure but I do agree that it does feel smoother.