Screw Apple! They Are Ruining A Wonderful Device For Profit!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ehaser

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Hi ya'll ...

I gotta say..as a 31 yr old tech junkie/ banker...I just don't get Apple's reasoning to kill 3rd party apps.. In the last month, I've enjoyed so many apps. which were made by hard working developers.. most of which were for free! I would just like to say "THANK YOU" to all of the people who have dedicated their time to helping make these awesome applications.
Thank you
thank you
Thank You!

It's a shame that Apple is giving all of this "free" product development (which, by the way, is helping advance their product!) the *********

I've always loved Apple and have switched my whole house network to mac's however that is about to change. As a consumer, we cannot sit back and allow this to happen. Therefore I suggest anyone considering an Apple product in the next few months to put that urge on hold...

We need to hit them right where they hit us...THE POCKETBOOK.

Selfish !

So unlike all the people who want to update...I'm going to keep my old firmware and enjoy these apps for a while longer..

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
I favor my choice of computers, devices, etc. Going to selfishly stay right where I am with Apple. Thanks for the interesting post.

(plus I bought 100 shares at just over $20 per ..... which is now 400 shares after the 2 splits.)

:laugh2:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Apple is so pure, so wonderful... that you wouldn't think anybody working for them is in there for the money. Only evil entities like Microsoft and Bill would ever think of becoming rich on the basis of technology that appeals to the common folk. Shame on them. I'll never buy another Apple product again unless they promise not to make ANY money on it.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
of course Apple is in it for profit...

and so it any other company. if i were steve jobs i would do everything to make as much money for my company as possible. and i would say he is doing a pretty good job at it.

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
I've always loved Apple and have switched my whole house network to mac's however that is about to change. As a consumer, we cannot sit back and allow this to happen. Therefore I suggest anyone considering an Apple product in the next few months to put that urge on hold... \
I'm a lifelong, diehard mac fan (I love my iPhone). But for the first time, I just bought a Windows laptop. I bought an IBM thinkpad running Vista. Partly because I am sick of Apple being so Nazi'ish lately, and also because I feel like their hardware has really gone downhill in quality, power, and overall esthetics.

I am extremely happy with my Vista laptop. I'm sure I'll buy another mac sometime in the future, but for now I just feel like I needed to cool off a bit from Apple.

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
I think the argument here is if people so choose they should be able to do what ever they want with the phone. It voids the warranty, ok but don't completely lock it out.

It's like if you buy a new car. Lets say a mustang with a v6. I know right up front what features the car has. But if I want to add a turbo to the engine let me add it. If I want to add new suspension I can. Of course the whole time I am adding these additional features I am voiding the warranty.

Some people keep there mustangs stock, some mod them.

The iPhone is the same thing , a personal possession designed to do certain functions. People just want freedom to do what they want to there own property.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I think the argument here is if people so choose they should be able to do what ever they want with the phone. It voids the warranty, ok but don't completely lock it out.

It's like if you buy a new car. Lets say a mustang with a v6. I know right up front what features the car has. But if I want to add a turbo to the engine let me add it. If I want to add new suspension I can. Of course the whole time I am adding these additional features I am voiding the warranty.

Some people keep there mustangs stock, some mod them.

The iPhone is the same thing , a personal possession designed to do certain functions. People just want freedom to do what they want to there own property.
Yes, but what you and everyone else is missing is the fact that the ONLY part of the iPhone you own is the hardware part. The software and ALL of it is owned by Apple and you're ALLOWED to use it with their blessing as long as you use it as they intend for it to be used. You don't own the software. You signed the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT which will state this. Go develop your own version of the software without infringing on their patents and voila! you can mod it to your hearts content! You may even get cut and paste! ;)

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
I'm a lifelong, diehard mac fan (I love my iPhone). But for the first time, I just bought a Windows laptop. I bought an IBM thinkpad running Vista. Partly because I am sick of Apple being so Nazi'ish lately, and also because I feel like their hardware has really gone downhill in quality, power, and overall esthetics.

I am extremely happy with my Vista laptop. I'm sure I'll buy another mac sometime in the future, but for now I just feel like I needed to cool off a bit from Apple.
This is a revolutionary response - finally someone happy with Windows Vista.

Apple products are still the best in the market.

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
It has already been proven under the DMCA we can unlock the iPhone for personal use. Therefore we if we so choose so we are allowed by law to modify the software for personal use and non monitory gain.

Since you stated that it is software based we are under the laws blessing to modify the software to allow additional carriers.

Let me go on the record by saying that Apple has a legal fight coming its' way.
And with this the overall Apple development of the iPhone will diminish just like windows did a few years ago.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
It has already been proven under the DMCA we can unlock the iPhone for personal use. Therefore we if we so choose so we are allowed by law to modify the software for personal use and non monitory gain.

Since you stated that it is software based we are under the laws blessing to modify the software to allow additional carriers.

Let me go on the record by saying that Apple has a legal fight coming its' way.
And with this the overall Apple development of the iPhone will diminish just like windows did a few years ago.
Apple has NO legal fight coming its way. Why is everyone forgetting those agreements/terms we clicked "agree" to over and over? The magical laws you speak of are in no way going to impart divine intervention on your behalf so that you can do whatever you want to the damn thing.

FW