Scrolling smoothly no more?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Hello,
I have about 35 app/icons on my iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked/jailbroken.
I have noticed that when I try to scroll or move to one of the lower icons its slow in fact it looks like its moves in 1 line increments.
Like in the addressbook or reading a email when you move your finger the content smoothly moves in which ever direction you move you finger.

Is the slow scroll normal?
Is it that i have to many app/icons on the home screen?

Thanks
JW

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Hello,
I have about 35 app/icons on my iPhone v1.0.2 unlocked/jailbroken.
I have noticed that when I try to scroll or move to one of the lower icons its slow in fact it looks like its moves in 1 line increments.
Like in the addressbook or reading a email when you move your finger the content smoothly moves in which ever direction you move you finger.

Is the slow scroll normal?
Is it that i have to many app/icons on the home screen?

Thanks
JW
Have you tried powering off the phone and turning it back on? Does it continue to happen after that? Some programs do not shut off when you hit your home button so they are running in the background (you can confirm this with the services program and look at the processes running). Restarting the phone will shut them all off and if it is a memory problem or a problem with some of the programs using too much cpu resources, this will fix it.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Have you tried powering off the phone and turning it back on? Does it continue to happen after that? Some programs do not shut off when you hit your home button so they are running in the background (you can confirm this with the services program and look at the processes running). Restarting the phone will shut them all off and if it is a memory problem or a problem with some of the programs using too much cpu resources, this will fix it.
Thank you for your reply.
I have shut off the p[hone and then back on for that matter its been off for the night.
This is something that has been occurring regularly for weeks not.
I just wanted to know if it was normal or something was wrong.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you for your reply.
I have shut off the p[hone and then back on for that matter its been off for the night.
This is something that has been occurring regularly for weeks not.
I just wanted to know if it was normal or something was wrong.
I have used 1.0.2, 1.1.1 and now 1.1.2 and other than in times where a lot of programs are running in the background I have never had this happen. When you say that it has been turned off all night, do you hold the wake button until the red bar shows up and then use that to shut it all the way off? If you are just pressing the wake button until the screen goes off that is just a sleep mode and the software is still running.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
I have used 1.0.2, 1.1.1 and now 1.1.2 and other than in times where a lot of programs are running in the background I have never had this happen. When you say that it has been turned off all night, do you hold the wake button until the red bar shows up and then use that to shut it all the way off? If you are just pressing the wake button until the screen goes off that is just a sleep mode and the software is still running.
No red button turned off....

I think I might have thought of what is doing this.

SMBPref...
SnapScroll was on.

I will try and see if that is the problem.

Thanks all

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
No red button turned off....

I think I might have thought of what is doing this.

SMBPref...
SnapScroll was on.

I will try and see if that is the problem.

Thanks all
Please post if that fixes it. That way we can suggest that to others that may have the same problem later. Good find and I hope it resolves your problem.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Problem solved.
I can swipe the home screen and it takes off from top to bottom.
Maybe to fast now with 35. :)
The SnapScroll was the culprit.

Thank you all for your support.