SD Possibility?

jamesdemien

May 31, 2007
It would make sense...but are we sure the connector is the same as the dock connector used on all the former ipods?

macinnw

Jun 2, 2007
With 4gb or 8gb of storage, why would one need an SD card? If for businesss purposes, wouldn't one have a data plan already? I have a Motorola ROKR E6, and I couldn't tell ya the last time that i removed the SD card.
No i don't have a data plan. They won't allow us to install any software and the iPhone will only sync with iTunes, which i can not install. Today i moved SD media cards 6 times to my work laptop.

Obviously, you have not worked for a large corporation.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
With 4gb or 8gb of storage, why would one need an SD card? If for businesss purposes, wouldn't one have a data plan already? I have a Motorola ROKR E6, and I couldn't tell ya the last time that i removed the SD card.
Bingo! This is probably the case for most folks and is most likely why there is no card slot on the iPhone. Of course, there is a need for more room for a lot of folks that want to store more songs, shows, and movies on the iPhone.

jamesdemien said:
It would make sense...but are we sure the connector is the same as the dock connector used on all the former ipods?
Yep! It was mentioned in the Macworld Keynote.

macinnw said:
No i don't have a data plan. They won't allow us to install any software and the iPhone will only sync with iTunes, which i can not install. Today i moved SD media cards 6 times to my work laptop.

Obviously, you have not worked for a large corporation.
I have worked for a very large corporation and there was no restriction, especially the idea of keeping pda/mac/phone in sync. They all run things different, some good, some bad.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
The main reason that I would like an SD card slot is it would give me the ability to transfer pics from my camera directly to the iPhone. It would be great to take a picture, put the SD card into the iPhone and email the pic to friends and family.