SDK In June, WTF!

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
iLounge is reporting that Apple will just talk about the benefits of the SDK on March 6th. Releasing a beta version to some. The actual SDK will not ship till JUNE!

WTF!

"Apple will use the March 6 event to tout the benefits of the SDK to selected media, analysts, and developers, releasing an incomplete, “beta” version of the kit that was originally promised for February. The actual kit will now ship in June, coinciding with Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference event in San Francisco."

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ne...o-approve-distribute-apps-limit-add-ons/13537

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
lets not panic people... lets take it day by dya and see what happens next week...
No panic = exactly. I don't see it as any big deal if it's only a beta version anyway. Look at all the very cool, amazing apps produced so far, with absolutely no help from Apple. So if Apple gives developers 'only' a beta, my guess is they'll still run with it in very impressive ways ...

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
im not worried. i got more than enough stuff to play with on my jb 1.1.3 right now. Thanks for the post tho. very interesting stuff.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Even if it is just a Beta version, it will be leaps and bounds more than developers have had since iDay. If all of the hackers and other developers have been able to give us the third party applications we've had as a result of jailbreaking, then a Beta SDK will be nothing short of awesome.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
iLounge is reporting that Apple will just talk about the benefits of the SDK on March 6th. Releasing a beta version to some. The actual SDK will not ship till JUNE!

WTF!
That would totally make sense. Rumors are running around that the 3G iPhone will be available mid year. Well, they would integrate SDK into iPhone 2. That's my guess

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109

WTF!
This really is B.S. We were told the end of feb and today's the last day. I'm getting so sick of waiting, the iPhone 2 will be near release by the time these clowns finally put out the SDK. :mad:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'm happy with jb 1.1.3 because I've got the most crazzy stuff u can get on an iPhone right now. I say whatever they do i will continue to jb and stay one step ahead of the game.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Come on people. I've been holding out on a jailbreak for the SDK just to see if I can do a piece of tech the legit way for once in my life. So far, no sweat. If I can wait for it, so can you...

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
as always posted before, nothing is for sure until Apple says it is for sure. if the sdk comes out on the 6th, then that is when it comes out. If Apple holds it out until June, then that is what they do. I for one think that it would not be in their best interests to hold it out till then, but that is life. you can only worry about the things that you have control over. I have been waiting since the day that I bought my iPhone to purchase extra legit programs, but if I have to wait a couple of months more, then I will wait.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
as always posted before, nothing is for sure until Apple says it is for sure. if the sdk comes out on the 6th, then that is when it comes out. If Apple holds it out until June, then that is what they do. I for one think that it would not be in their best interests to hold it out till then, but that is life. you can only worry about the things that you have control over. I have been waiting since the day that I bought my iPhone to purchase extra legit programs, but if I have to wait a couple of months more, then I will wait.
This guy...this guy.

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
This makes complete sense if you look at the map that was sent with the invitations for the march 6th event...... the sdk is way down the road with the enterprising first. I was a little leary when I first saw this map because of the way they showed a road with the features in a sequential order ? I wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Yeah - and these enterprise applications in question are such things as Lotus notes and microsoft exchange - who cares about that crap ?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah - and these enterprise applications in question are such things as Lotus notes and microsoft exchange - who cares about that crap ?
Lots of people who want to use it with their corporate email systems. Adding better Exchange support especially will be a big help for iPhone getting into more corporate environments ...