SDK Most Desired Apps

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Ok, it's feb and the sdk will finally be released this month. What are the applications your most looking forward to, desperately need or are biting your nails off in anticipation for? :eek:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Lots, but some that come to mind as being somewhere near top of the list are:
secure password manager
a global search utility
better, more powerful notes app
task manager
RSS reader
video recording

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
And now all of the SDK threads start.

Some I'd like to see:
Video Recording with audio (above all)
iphone-wide search
Password Manager
Application like SysInfo
Games
Better Mail App
Something like Customize/SummerBoard (not gonna happen, unfortunately.)

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
And now all of the SDK threads start.

Some I'd like to see:
Video Recording with audio (above all)
iphone-wide search
Password Manager
Application like SysInfo
Games
Better Mail App
Something like Customize/SummerBoard (not gonna happen, unfortunately.)

- John
Better mail app would be good ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Mass deletion is basically what I'm craving there.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Think there's a lot that could be improved with the mail app. Tinman had a pretty good gripe list in some thread a little while back, but it's weak in a lot of places - one other that immediately springs to mind is being able to switch between accounts without so many backwards steps ...

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Better mail app would be good ...
Yes definitely. I woke up this morning and iPhone said I had zero email. I went into the email app and sure enough, it started downloading like 5 emails. Turns out my boss was trying to contact me since last night. :( The email rendering is great but the retreiving/receiving is worse than any phone, they really need to fix this.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Im in total agreement with the above posts. I'd also really like a dedicated IM app and good old fashion MMS.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
If the DS Lite can hold up good touch screen games, why can't the iPhone?

-I would like some official games for the iPhone..

If other phones can have video recording, why can't the iPhone?

-I would like video recording available on the iPhone..

That's pretty much it really...

justin2net

Feb 2, 2008
@John:
iDeleteMail and iReadmail can mass mark as read and mass delete. Took me forever to find.

Keagle

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
I haven't got one yet, but I'd like to have:

- A task manager/to do list
- Game emulators (Merely entertainment)
- IM Program (MSN etc.)
- MMS
That's it really, with a to do list and MMS being my most wanted.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I like all of the ideas so far from you other folks and I've yet to get a phone for myself but I would really like to see some "online" games created, I'm talking like MMORPG's or something of that sort.

It wouldn't have to be that graphic intensive or too in depth but maybe something simple and smooth.

Something that could be played over edge easily or if that's not possible then maybe you'd have to find a wifi connection but still, I think it'd be awesome!

Maybe something like Ragnorok or similar ya know? I still sometimes often miss my EverCrack days....wow...what an absolute GREAT waste of time..:p

Oh and of course you'd probably need one of these:

http://fastmac.com/iv.php

I've just always loved online gaming and since i've "grown-up" a bit over the past years I've quit playing them...I think mobile online gaming could be huge in the near future.

NEways....;)

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
  1. Global search feature...hell....ANY search feature, even if it's on an app by app basis.
  2. Cut/Copy and Paste within and between apps
  3. Bluetooth OBEX
Anything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned...different mail app, Exchange and Activesync wireless synchronization (ain't gonna happen), games, real IM client, etc. But those 3 are my biggest "OMG I can't believe it doesn't do this" list of missing features.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
  1. Global search feature...hell....ANY search feature, even if it's on an app by app basis.
  2. Cut/Copy and Paste within and between apps
  3. Bluetooth OBEX
Anything else is gravy as far as I'm concerned...different mail app, Exchange and Activesync wireless synchronization (ain't gonna happen), games, real IM client, etc. But those 3 are my biggest "OMG I can't believe it doesn't do this" list of missing features.
Bluetooth OBEX?

I'm not really desperate for any apps, bit there a few that I think I would appreciate:
IM (though I use Jivetalk at the mo so not a big issue)
To do list
some way of copy/paste etc. Or flash support (though I am currently using different solutions for this)

Also, does anyone think that there might be a new browser developed and released by someone with the SDK? Maybe a mobile firefox or something else? I am happy with safari but i am just curious.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
All I WANT IS FLASH, MMS, AND VIDEO RECORDER.. Is that to much to ask for?

crossing my fingers

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah so I'm pretty much repeating but I really want a native aim application. This is by far what I want most. Then some games. The layout of the phone leaves so much potential for games; I hope that use it. And I agree with (I think it was john) the fact that we need a mass delete button. Thats about all. MMS would be nice

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Sdk

The only way I would go legit (unjailbroken) is if they put out:
  • NES, GameBoy Advance, PlayStation, and SNES game emulators.
  • Ability to customize icon pictures (Themes)