SDK Release question

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I have a question about the SDK, I hear that it is coming out in FEB. Does this mean that developers will get it in FEB? or we should start seeing programs in FEB?
If they are just getting it would it be safe to say we will not see any Native(Apple Approved) Applications for a few months?

DHTPHTG34

Dec 30, 2007
I have a question about the SDK, I hear that it is coming out in FEB. Does this mean that developers will get it in FEB? or we should start seeing programs in FEB?
If they are just getting it would it be safe to say we will not see any Native(Apple Approved) Applications for a few months?

What the hell is SDK?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Software Developers Kit, to allow third parties to create apps for the iPhone, and we will not see anything before June.
how do you know that we wont see anything before june, some apps can be programmed in a day. do u have a source that says we wont see any apps till june?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
how do you know that we wont see anything before june, some apps can be programmed in a day. do u have a source that says we wont see any apps till june?
Well iPhone software version 2.0 doesn't come out until then, nor will the Apple AppStore be implemented. So while software may be ready before then, you won't be able to get it/use it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That source would be Apple. Developers can develop as many apps as they want right now with the SDK - however the AppStore will not be available until June, which will deliver the apps. This way, when it is released, there will be tons of available downloads.

- John

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
This way, when it is released, there will be tons of available downloads.
True dat. Electronic Arts wrote Spore, an 18-level game with touch interface, in just a couple of days. Epocrates already has a working prototype (I'm thrilled!). Etc., etc. We should have an abundance of good stuff this summer.

It remains to be seen if we'll be able to d/l apps from the mobile iTMS, the way we now can with audio. I'm hoping. If so, the upcoming 3G iPhone will end up costing me a lot more than the purchase price! :p

-K