Searching in the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rpergl

Aug 31, 2007
I am pondering buying an iPhone, but I can't find information, if it is possible to search the iPhone for data. Something like global Search, if I e.g. write "safari" and hit "Search", it finds me a contact where there is safari in the notes, several appointments that have safari in their names, stored SMSs about the safari, etc. Is this possible, please? Thanks

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I am pondering buying an iPhone, but I can't find information, if it is possible to search the iPhone for data. Something like global Search, if I e.g. write "safari" and hit "Search", it finds me a contact where there is safari in the notes, several appointments that have safari in their names, stored SMSs about the safari, etc. Is this possible, please? Thanks
The contacts are not searchable.
There in no global search.
There is no way to store SMS's.

indydoug

Sep 2, 2007
The contacts are not searchable.
There in no global search.
There is no way to store SMS's.
Um, that sounds definitive. Which may mean my question below is just so much pie-in-the-sky thinking...

But, just to check it out ... Is there any way to search my contacts so I can locate someone by the organization or company they work with? Sort of like ... in the Palm address book ... showing contacts by company/name as opposed to name/company. It'd be great to organize iPhone contacts by company and then scroll through the list using the right-side alphabet ribbon.

Is this possible today? Damned if I can figure how how!:(

Or should I go have some of that pie in the sky?:eek:

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
You can, however, start typing in a contact in an outgoing email and the iPhone will suggest possible contacts from your contact list and even past email addy's.