Searching mail in Gmail on iPhone

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
if you don't use safari for Gmail, but have added that as an email account (settings >> Mail >> Add account >> Gmail), is there any way of searching for a mail?

Thanks!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You set up gmail as a mail account. You don't use it through the browser.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
if you don't use safari for Gmail, but have added that as an email account (settings >> Mail >> Add account >> Gmail), is there any way of searching for a mail?

Thanks!
No, at least not yet. You'd have to go through Safari or use a PC/Mac.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You set up gmail as a mail account. You don't use it through the browser.
Actually, you can do it either way. You can navigate to gmail.com and use the mobile version or html version just fine.

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
thanks for your replies... i am actually asking about how to "search" for a particular mail when you have set it up as an account and are not using Safari. Anyways, seems like it is not supported.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
thanks for your replies... i am actually asking about how to "search" for a particular mail when you have set it up as an account and are not using Safari. Anyways, seems like it is not supported.
Hopefully it's in 2.0....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't get it. I have everything on my phone that I could have through the browser. Maybe if you didn't have it set up as an IMAP account it might be different.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I don't get it. I have everything on my phone that I could have through the browser. Maybe if you didn't have it set up as an IMAP account it might be different.
What? Let me help you out. This happened to me.

I needed my AAdvantage number. I knew I registered in 11/06. Am I supposed to work through ALL of my IMAP folders/emails to find this? I can go to my GMAIL account and type in "AAdvantage, Welcome" and find the email within seconds. That can not be done via built in email support on the phone.

Kinda make sense now? I have mine set up via IMAP and love it, you just can't search on the phone itself, you have to use a browser.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
What? Let me help you out. This happened to me.

I needed my AAdvantage number. I knew I registered in 11/06. Am I supposed to work through ALL of my IMAP folders/emails to find this? I can go to my GMAIL account and type in "AAdvantage, Welcome" and find the email within seconds. That can not be done via built in email support on the phone.

Kinda make sense now? I have mine set up via IMAP and love it, you just can't search on the phone itself, you have to use a browser.
Okay, now I see what you mean.