Second gen iPhone

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Check out this article I just ran across about the 3G iPhone and AT&T....

(The news comes just months before Apple is expected to take the wraps off its second generation iPhone , which, unlike the existing version, is expected to make broad use of 3G wireless technology. The current version of the touch-screen handset only functions on slower, 2.5G networks like AT&T's Edge.)....

the rest of the article is here....
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/02/06/att_plans_3g_expansion_ahead_of_second_gen_iPhone.html

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I think that's potentially great news, BUT - the article suggests (via ATT) that V2 could be available 2nd quarter. I can't imagine Apple would time the V2 release so close to the 16GB release. I know, their recent track record doesn't necessarily indicate the most forethought, but still, I think before summer is probably overly optimistic...

Stilll, despite my iPhone's near fatal accident yesterday that left it somewhat mangled, I will continue to wait before jumping on the 16GB wagon. If this pans out in the next six months, I'll be pretty irritated if I jump and they soon after release a more up-to-date model. And I wasn't one of those bothered by the price drop...

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I think that's potentially great news, BUT - the article suggests (via ATT) that V2 could be available 2nd quarter. I can't imagine Apple would time the V2 release so close to the 16GB release. I know, their recent track record doesn't necessarily indicate the most forethought, but still, I think before summer is probably overly optimistic...
I know, I agree but I sure got excited when I read that article!:laugh2::laugh2:
and yes I would try and make do with your battered iPhone for now!

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Through businesss channels it has been reported that V2 would be out later this year (sept). The proximity to the current 16Gig release has no bearing as the V2 will be a 16Gig phone. In fact, the current 16Gig phone was announced long ago, but Apple just could not seem to deliver it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Check out this article I just ran across about the 3G iPhone and AT&T....

(The news comes just months before Apple is expected to take the wraps off its second generation iPhone , which, unlike the existing version, is expected to make broad use of 3G wireless technology. The current version of the touch-screen handset only functions on slower, 2.5G networks like AT&T's Edge.)....

the rest of the article is here....
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/02/06/att_plans_3g_expansion_ahead_of_second_gen_iPhone.html

That article is almost a year old. I don't see a second generation iPhone coming before June/July.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Lets just wait for the sdk release then talk about iPhone2

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
That article is almost a year old. I don't see a second generation iPhone coming before June/July.
I didn't want to be the first to break it to them but this article is pure waste of time with no real info.