Second iPhone as a GoPhone?

Hi all

I have two AT&T phones, one is my iPhone and the other is my cheap GoPhone. The features suck on the GoPhone.

If I were to get a second iPhone to use as the GoPhone, how do I get through the activation on the new phone so that I can use my GoPhone sim in the new iPhone? I already verified that my GoPhone sim works in the iPhone.And for those who are curious, it's all just about having two phone numbers.

Thanks for the help.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Good question. Not sure that you'll be able to use the iPhone as a gophone because you have to fail the credit check first. IF you've got a post paid account now, then I doubt you'll fail the credit check on the go phone. You might be able to just transfer by using the GoPhone phone number, but I doubt it.

Ok, as I stated in my first post, my iPhone ALREADY is working as my GoPhone. I just put the sim in from my GoPhone and my iPhone works perfectly as my GoPhone phone number.

I bought the second iPhone, activated it through iTunes and transfered my iPhone phone number to this new iPhone, but I had to use the sim that came with this new iPhone to do it. It synced up perfectly and now I was able to do exactly what I was trying to do in my post. Works perfectly!

calloused

Sep 13, 2007
Good question. Not sure that you'll be able to use the iPhone as a gophone because you have to fail the credit check first. IF you've got a post paid account now, then I doubt you'll fail the credit check on the go phone. You might be able to just transfer by using the GoPhone phone number, but I doubt it.
What qualifies as "failing" the credit check? I called a few months ago and ATT wanted $300 security deposit. At the time, I did not realize I could get iPhone with prepaid service, so I did not buy. Would I "fail" the credit check during the activation process, allowing me to use prepaid service? Thanks.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
What qualifies as "failing" the credit check? I called a few months ago and ATT wanted $300 security deposit. At the time, I did not realize I could get iPhone with prepaid service, so I did not buy. Would I "fail" the credit check during the activation process, allowing me to use prepaid service? Thanks.
IF they were requiring a deposit, then you failed the credit check. In that case you could have set it up as a GoPhone.