Secondhand phone recommendation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I am interested in picking up a secondhand phone off of ebay or somewhere, that I can take with me to the lake, beach, construction sites, etc. I am new to AT&T and am not familiar with their phones, also I plan on swapping SIM's so I need it to be AT&T compatible. I would like to pick up something I guess that has the most bang for the buck - not too expensive but will still get a lot of different things done. Anyone have some recommendations? I was thinking about a RAZR just wanted some thoughts from people with some experience. Thanks.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I am interested in picking up a secondhand phone off of ebay or somewhere, that I can take with me to the lake, beach, construction sites, etc. I am new to AT&T and am not familiar with their phones, also I plan on swapping SIM's so I need it to be AT&T compatible. I would like to pick up something I guess that has the most bang for the buck - not too expensive but will still get a lot of different things done. Anyone have some recommendations? I was thinking about a RAZR just wanted some thoughts from people with some experience. Thanks.
Razr V3xx is an excellent phone. Fast UI unlike previous models. You also get 3G speeds with it.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

Do you have an iPhone?

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Do you have an iPhone?
Exactly. Sorry, I took that for granted. Love the iPhone and I'm a little hesitant to take it into certain situations right now. Do a lot of property development with heavy equipment (and some unsavories) around. Plus we go to the beach and lake quite often. Not to sure I want to take it on the boat where anything can get a good dousing.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Exactly. Sorry, I took that for granted. Love the iPhone and I'm a little hesitant to take it into certain situations right now. Do a lot of property development with heavy equipment (and some unsavories) around. Plus we go to the beach and lake quite often. Not to sure I want to take it on the boat where anything can get a good dousing.
I really like my Sony Ericsson W810i that I had before I got the iPhone. I'm actually selling my old one now on ebay. There relatively cheap and it has expandable memory (the same kind the PSP takes) and you can put music on it. It also has a 2 megapixel camera (like the iPhone).

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
No company phone by any chance?

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
No company phone by any chance?
No, I switched from a personal Verizon account. I actually had a Moto Q - the iPhone is fantastically better, in my opinion. I don't mind spending money for this. I'm looking at it as my own little iPhone insurance program.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
No, I switched from a personal Verizon account. I actually had a Moto Q - the iPhone is fantastically better, in my opinion. I don't mind spending money for this. I'm looking at it as my own little iPhone insurance program.
I'll sell you my Motorola L2 SLIVR phone. It's small, thin, light-weight, one solid piece. :)

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I have a Treo 680 for sale since I got a nice shiny iPhone. If you're interested PM me - I don't have a use for it anymore ;)