SECRET* Apple's secret message to me?(no, not the song title when waking your phone)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
So i was flaming Apple for making a defective docks that scratches your iPhone yesterday and showed a picture of my scratches, then suddenly snowman96019 from ilounge noticed this weird digital code next to my home button as he says:

" PS!

What's up with the odd digital code to the left of your home button?"

so i was like WTF? and tried to see what he was talking about right? guess what:

as i have circled in red, i asked myself: WTF IS THIS?

so i remembered i took the pictures on a CanonSD600 using Macro with flash, so to make sure it wasn't a smudge or else, i replicated the procedure and took another set of photos:

after taking this i thought: um.. wth? illusion? where the hell is it? so i took another using yesterday's angle:

WHOA WTF?!?!? so using ~ the same angle i did yesterday, i discovered again the secret codes!~

this got me excited and i tried to see the codes with my bare eyes which are not visible.

so heres what it looks like with out flash:

with flash:

without flash:

so there we have it: some secret code that Apple's trying to convey.

if anyone is also curious, knock yourselves out:
*try taking your own pictures using the following settings on your camera:

1. turn on MACRO
2. take it with FLASH
3. try focusing on the SILVER RIM

when youre done, *post your pictures and show us.

to me, this was an interesting find, and as they say the rest is history.

p.s. there is no secret code on the top of the iPhone as you can see on my picture from yesterday.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Tell ya what your scratches look less severe without the flash on ;). I would only use your iPhone with out bright flash bulbs popping and you wont even notice then scratches ;)

OK am I the ONLY one who thinks some of you are just a tad anal ? :laugh2: Its a PHONE it made of material it's not made of DIAMOND it WILL get scratched if you USE it......... DUH !
As for the mystery of the CODE ...... DUDE take off the marshmellow pants and stop hitting the boo hoo button and grow some cranberries, AND FER CHRITZ SAKE STOP TAKING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE PHOTOS OF YOUR FREAKIN PHONE !

Whew there I feel much better :D

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
A shot in the dark, I wear glasses, but could it be your serial number? I know it's printed on the back of our iPhones.

OR

The part number for the touchscreen only visible to those taking up close pictures of our iPhones.

OR

binary code for "STOP SCRATCHING ME!".

Sorry about that last one, I am just amazed how scratched your iPhone is after only acouple days (?). I've had mine since iday and it hardly has any scratches at all.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
it looks like it is just a production code of some type, dude. quit freakin' out. It's not a "secret code"; that idea is just plain nonsense and quite idiotic.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I think it is an interesting find. Not too useful, but interesting.
Looks like from the photo, the last few digits are " -03-IQ"

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I agree with Plasmo. If someone, who has been a regular poster here with 400+ posts, found it, it would be a big deal. Everyone would be scrambling to take digital pictures of their phones and asking Apple what the dealio is. But I feel as though because this poster comes off as a lunatic no one takes him seriously. I, for one, think this is a neat find. Again, right now, its not too useful but a find nonetheless.

I think those secret numbers on your phone read:

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

RUN!:mad:

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I agree with Plasmo. If someone, who has been a regular poster here with 400+ posts, found it, it would be a big deal. Everyone would be scrambling to take digital pictures of their phones and asking Apple what the dealio is. But I feel as though because this poster comes off as a lunatic no one takes him seriously. I, for one, think this is a neat find. Again, right now, its not too useful but a find nonetheless.

I think those secret numbers on your phone read:

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

RUN!:mad:

Whatever you do don't play the lottery with those numbers!

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Given the face of the iPhone is glass and given it's packed with electronics (all of which have product codes on them) I'm not real surprised. Neat thing to stumble upon perhaps, but I'm not all that impressed with product codes... I guess I'm just plain boring.

But calling them "secret messages" is kind of nutty, you have to admit.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Given the face of the iPhone is glass and given it's packed with electronics (all of which have product codes on them) I'm not real surprised. Neat thing to stumble upon perhaps, but I'm not all that impressed with product codes... I guess I'm just plain boring.

But calling them "secret messages" is kind of nutty, you have to admit.
Thats what i was thinking !

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
you nubs

just because i didn't spam post the forum doesn't mean im new here. i've been around for a long time even before i registered here. with all the people who have posted on this thread so far, none of you are senior to me in join date. didn't anyone tell you to respect your elders?

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
just because i didn't spam post the forum doesn't mean im new here. i've been around for a long time even before i registered here. with all the people who have posted on this thread so far, none of you are senior to me in join date. didn't anyone tell you to respect your elders?
Very cool find. I think that it's just maybe a part code or something on the back of the glass or whatever.

When you illuminate it the light bounces off something inside and shows it a little. . .maybe. . .sounds good anyway.

I am gonig to try to find mine---If I'm right all iPhones should have one.

I really am interested to see what it is.

BTW, why does it have to be that if we have more posts than you that we've all spammed the forum?

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Well the first digit looks like either a "T" or a "7", if it's a 7, maybe it's the screen series number that is subject to a debate on quality between 7 and 5 series screens...:cool: