secret to getting podcasts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
ok so this iPhone is the very first Apple product I have purchased in my life I admit. I never had an ipod of any sprt and now I'm getting used to the iTunes concept and all. But i have been stymied by podcasts. I seem to just get various error messages when I try to download them. Is there a secret?

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
ok so this iPhone is the very first Apple product I have purchased in my life I admit. I never had an ipod of any sprt and now I'm getting used to the iTunes concept and all. But i have been stymied by podcasts. I seem to just get various error messages when I try to download them. Is there a secret?
I haven't experienced any problems that would warrant the search for a "trick" to them. Occasionally, I have gotten an error message most of which related to problems created by the creator.

What sort of error messages are you getting? Do they involve your internet connection? Do they refer to the inability to locate the file?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

You are going to need to provide more detail about the type of error messages you are getting from iTunes for us to help you....

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Yes I figured I would need more detail. I have had difficulty getting them into iTunes in the first place often getting the error:

There was a problem downloading "blah blah podcast". Authorization is needed to access.

One that I did seem to get access to on iTunes then would not download to my iPhone, giving me this error after attempting to sync:

"blah blah podcast" was not copied to iPhone "Mike's iPhone" because it cannot be played on this iPhone

Any clues?

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Are you getting an error that the PODCAST could be not synced/viewed on your iPhone? I get some of them that say this. I guess they were designed for ipod and won't work on my iPhone.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
So what's the deal? Are there some podcasts that Apple hawks on iTunes that won't play on an iPhone for real? And what is the authorization required thing about?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
So what's the deal? Are there some podcasts that Apple hawks on iTunes that won't play on an iPhone for real? And what is the authorization required thing about?

As far as being able to be played on the iPhone I believe that if the resolution exceeds 640x480 in either dimension it will not play on the iPhone.

I haven't seen the authorization error message, but at first I was thinking maybe you didn't have an iTunes account, but I doubt that is the issue. Which podcast were you getting the authorization error message with? Maybe we could try it to see what happens.