Secrets of Safari Revealed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Today I discovered that you can maximize your Safari window vertically only (like the old function of the green button prior to Yosemite) by double-clicking anywhere on the unused space to the right of the address bar, or to the left of whichever buttons you have installed to the left of the address bar (see illustration below).

Incidentally, if you try to do the same in Mail, it maximizes your window horizontally only.

secret.jpg

If you've discovered other secrets of Safari, please share them here.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Today I discovered that you can maximize your Safari window vertically only (like the old function of the green button prior to Yosemite) by double-clicking anywhere on the unused space to the right of the address bar, or to the left of whichever buttons you have installed to the left of the address bar (see illustration below).

Incidentally, if you try to do the same in Mail, it maximizes your window horizontally only.

View attachment 39993

If you've discovered other secrets of Safari, please share them here.
You can also restore the old functionality of maximizing a window by holding the option key while clicking on the green button. I would like to see a setting in the future to make this change fixed.