Security app

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by armywife, Jun 3, 2012.

1. armywife

armywife New Member

Hey guys I'm looking for an app that I can download and I need to put the settings, and things of that nature in and itnrequiresna password to open anything you put in it. I have tired to look all these things but am having no luck. My kid has an iPod and keeps changing the settings. Any help? Thanks in advance!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

In Settings there is a restrictions option in General - Restrictions. You can set a 4 digit password and disable specific apps.

3. armywife

armywife New Member

yes we have several things restricted on that part but he is still able to access the settings and change things and it is the settings that I want pass word protected and restrict him from getting into.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you jailbreak you can lock down anything and everything you want. The native Restrictions built into iOS is pretty limited, jailbreaking solves this.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm assuming their son is good at cracking the code of the restrictions to unblock apps?

Do they want to block the whole entire settings app?

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

No. What I meant was you can lock pretty much anything you want if you jailbreak your phone. Restrictions doesn't lock the Settings.app. You can however prevent modification of mailboxes, but that's about it.

7. armywife

armywife New Member

No I want to lock the settings period so he can not access that at all. This is our first time with anything Apple and I know with other things we were able to lock the settings and so forth but with Apple we can't and was wanting to know if there was any app that helps solves this problem. Btw what jailbreak. Is that like rooting the phone? Thanks guys!

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Jailbreaking is basically going around Apple's restrictions and being able to do a bunch of cool tweaks and settings. You will be able to lock any app you'd like to by being Jailbroken. And it's not hard to Jailbreak either. What iPod are you using?

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yep, it's the same as rooting :)

10. armywife

armywife New Member

iPod touch and will that void the warranty and stuff or anything like that?

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Technically it'll void your warranty only If you bring your device in to get worked on with Apple and it's still jailbroken. But all you have to do is restore your device via iTunes and all is good. Restoring gets rid of the jailbreak.

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

When you jailbreak you will void your electronic warranty. Upon an iTunes restore your warranty will also be restored.

Jailbreaking is simple and fast, you should try it.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The thing that people don't realize is that it doesn't permanently void your warranty. A simple restore will bring your phone/iPod back to factory state and all will be well. :)

14. armywife

armywife New Member

And it is what is in the app store? Thanks everyone for the help. Oh and if we get this will it do it to all devies or can we just delete it off the devices we don't want on? And if it is the one in the app store I'm seeing it as $6.99?

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Are you searching the App Store for 'Jailbreak' ? If so, it's not on the App Store, you need to run some software on your computer called Absinthe, this will jailbreak your device on the latest firmware/iOS version.

16. armywife

armywife New Member

Ahhh ha. Ok will look into it. Thanks again.