Security Concerns of selling iPhone?

TNTITANS7

Oct 1, 2007
I'm considering selling my 8g iPhone prior to the new release. If I reset the phone are there any other security issues I need to worry about. I heard there were ways for someone to recover info. Any advice? Thanks.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
don't just reset. Restore through iTunes and set up as a new phone... Do not set up using the "back up from previous iPhone" option. You should be fine.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I'm considering selling my 8g iPhone prior to the new release. If I reset the phone are there any other security issues I need to worry about. I heard there were ways for someone to recover info. Any advice? Thanks.
don't forget to take out your SIM card..but im sure you knew that lol.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Also, call your carrier, and let them know you're selling that device, and to remove it from your account, and flag it that way... Then, you won't have to worry about someone calling in to customer service, and conning a generic rep there.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Here is what I did, not sure if it totally deleted everything from the phone. But it was better than nothing.

I restored the phone in iTunes and setup as a new phone. I then filled the phone up with as many songs as I could, until I totally filled up all available space on the iPhone. There was not a spare byte left on the phone. I then restored again and sold the phone.

I am hoping that filling the storage up with songs, killed any space that any hidden data was residing in?