See Flash Movies on iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Sorry if it's old news, but it's new to me: check www.vtap.com on the iPhone's Safari.
You can search for video on the internet (i.e. CNN) and that service encodes them on the fly! in H.264. Almost all videos that play on the net can be played on the iPhone. It does work.
This info come from iPhone Atlas.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Sorry if it's old news, but it's new to me: check www.vtap.com on the iPhone's Safari.
You can search for video on the internet (i.e. CNN) and that service encodes them on the fly! in H.264. Almost all videos that play on the net can be played on the iPhone. It does work.
This info come from iPhone Atlas.
Little scary, putting your number on a random web site and then following a link.

Rumpelgeist

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Little scary, putting your number on a random web site and then following a link.

Rumpelgeist
Interesting. I didn't have to enter anything. I just wrote the web address in my iPhone's Safari and it took me to the main page without requesting any info. I've been using it all day.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
rump, I'm looking at you crosseyed. After Geo posted, I pulled up Safari and went to the link. Gotta say, cool and extremely fast over wifi. Where'd you have to enter a phone #?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you visit the website on your computer, it eventually leads you to a page asking for your number and stating: "Note: Mobile data charges may apply – check with your operator".

If you visit the site on your iPhone it takes you to the search page and shows a list of, what I assume are, the ten latest videos.

Is it a matter of receiving limited content until we give up our number?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
hi guys thanks for the tip...but a question (and I am on edge always)...but when EVER I play videos the player continually stops..and I have to then push play to resume...
is that normal cause I'm on edge...or is there a problem with my player?
thanks

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
hi guys thanks for the tip...but a question (and I am on edge always)...but when EVER I play videos the player continually stops..and I have to then push play to resume...
is that normal cause I'm on edge...or is there a problem with my player?
thanks
Is the video fully downloaded before you try to view it or is it still downloading while you're watching and just waiting to catch up?

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
thanks Greg! Really want this to work!
Tried utube first ...seemed to work ok.
Went to vtap...not so much! Uurrg!
Used the first current video. (waited for everything to completely download).Clicked play video. Took 5-10 sex for player to load then the same for the movie to load. Clicked play. It plays for 2-3 sec and stops. Maybe I can get another couple 5sec plays then it kinda freezes up and have to go to the home button....which is also not too responsive (think I had to poweroff once.
SO....any further suggestions of course very appreciated.Tim