Seidio Innocase II w/holster-Lots of pics

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Ok, I got my Innocase II w/holster on Saturday, I gotta say I love this combo. When I'm at home or on a short trip to the store I like to just stick my phone in my pocket and go without necessarily having to put on a belt to stick my holster on. If I'm out in a more formal situation, I like to have the option to do one or the other easily. This case and holster combo gives me just that. I don't have to take the phone out of the case to put it in a holster and it's protected if I just stick it in my pocket. This case adds very little bulk to the phone and I'm warming up to the cut out on the back for the Apple logo. I cut a small piece off of a cheap screen protector and covered the logo on the back, so it's protected from scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks, I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I just put the invisible shield on yesterday, I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks before I decide whether I hate it or not.

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Thanks, I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I just put the invisible shield on yesterday, I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks before I decide whether I hate it or not.
I always hated them. I'm sure you will too lol. I just love the anti-glare screen protector from Apple. Shows no fingerprints and always looks the same. It rocks, check it out.

Awesome pics though, they make great products.

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
This looks really nice, nicer than the innocase slider that is $10 more. Anyone compared these two?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
This looks really nice, nicer than the innocase slider that is $10 more. Anyone compared these two?
I don't know about 10 dollars more. The combo (case and holster) is between 45 and 50 bucks depending on where you buy it.

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have both the Incase Slider & the Seidio Innocase II.

The Innocase II is by far the better case IMO, it has a slimmer feel & footprint. I also like the hard plastic look of the Innocase, while still offering a level of grip in your hand that the Slider doesn't. I've actually had the Slider slip out of my hand before.

bigcanoe

Jan 18, 2009
I don't know about 10 dollars more. The combo (case and holster) is between 45 and 50 bucks depending on where you buy it.
True, I was thinking about the plain incase slider, $35 at most stores.

kc_gambit

Jan 24, 2009
Will any other slider cases or thin cases fit on the seidio holster? For example, ifrogz, incase, or any other thin case. I like the case and holster combo but I have a few cases already and might be looking to save a few bucks and just go with the holster. I like how the screen faces inward but want to see if it is compatible with other skins....Thanks!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry, I don't have an incase slider to try it with, but I doubt it will. As I understand it, the seidio case is thinner, which would make the incase slider too large to fit in the holster.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I like silicone cases or a naked iPhone. I like to keep my phone in my pocket, I tried to use one of those clips but gave it to my mum and bought a silicone case :)

lethomp

Mar 14, 2009
Holster issues

I really liked the combo as well but I'm now looking for something else. The holster has failed me.... twice.

The clip that holds the iPhone in the holster broke off at the plastic where it joins the holster. Luckily, I was sitting down, reached for the phone, pushed the clip up and the clip came off in my hand. The phone didn't fall. I contacted Seidio, sent the pieces in, and they sent me a new holster. The holster was about 3 months old.

I have the replacement now, and the same thing has happened to it. This one I've had about 1-2 months. Not sure if they're sourcing materials from somewhere else or what the deal is, but I'm looking for another holster solution. Any ideas?

Might have to return to putting it in my pocket. I LOVE the Innocase II; I'm just not sure I can trust the holsters anymore (let alone requesting a replacement every 2 months).

LT

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I have accidentally hit the clip and released my phone (I wear it horizontal), couple times while sitting in the car and once while walking around in the store, luckily it hit on the back part of the case, but it has made me consider a large leather holster with a cover. I love the holster, but this is a big issue, I've had mine for a couple of months and no issues, but to be honest I don't wear it in the holster that often.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
map1978 said:
great pics man. not that noisy at all.

I just hate that orange peel screen protector.

great job

LOL...I had this case for my Curve before I switched to the iPhone...the orange sticker peels off and is not permanent. I think they just put it there to remind first time users that the screen goes in first to protect it. This was a great case on my Curve and I am sure you will love it for the iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator: