Seidio Innocase II

Jul 3, 2007
Hi all,

After going through 4 cases for my iPhone 3G, I think I've finally settled on the one to keep. I've tried the IvySkin XyloT3 (2 of them), Speck SeeThru and now the Seidio Innocase II (Sapphire Blue). The Seidio, of all of these, is by far the best. It feels very solid without taking up much bulk yet it does not hinder the screen from working effortlessly like the IvySkin does. I liked the Speck SeeThru case but it started falling apart on me after just about a week of using it. The Innocase is a much more solidly built case.

Andrew

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Ditto on this Case

I had the Original Seidio Innocase and just received the Seidio Innocase II Surface http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=CSR3YIPH3G-BK

I have tried cases from iSkin, Marware, Contour Flic, and others and nothing comes close to this form factor. Its a hard case with a soft feel that doesn't collect lint and is easy to slide in and out of your pocket. It covers every part of the phone, but is very slim and add a front film and you have the total package for protecting the device.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I remember when I had the Innocase combo for my 1st gen iPhone. I loved it, but the only thing that broke my heart was when leaning over one day the hinge piece on the holster bent to much and snapped off. I was looking at the Innocase2 combo for my 3g. I will say i like how they have gone to the slider case. The question I have though is How is that hinge piece on the holster, I'd hate to shell out $50 to end up breaking it again?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
As with the first gen. iPhone, the innocase is the best case out there for the iPhone 3G. Judging by the pics/video etc. since I don't actually own one.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I have owned the First Gen case and Now the 3G Case and it is perfect. I've had this case for about 3 months and so does 5 other coworkers and all of us love the case.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I bought a black leather one from AT&T for $39.99 bucks. It's pretty good for my iPhone 3G, it even has the good ol' leather smell :D.

Philth

Nov 25, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Subscribed for later review. So far this seems like the best case that I like.

TeraNova

Nov 27, 2008
Thanks for the review... I hate my current case and am looking for a new one.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Okay so I finally got a Seidio Innocase II for iPhone 3G. I am usually someone who really doesn't like cases but was just tired of scuffs from the occasional drop. Like I suspected this is definitely the best case made as of now for the iPhone 3G. Super slim form factor retains iPhones sleek profile(as much as possible with a full hardcase anyway). Alot like the Incase slider except it's much slimmer and also exposes the Apple logo. It has a soft felt lining to protect the back of your iPhone from scratches and it fully covers the chrome bezel of the iPhone.(I have a powersupport antiglare on my screen and while the case fully covers the chrome bezel I had no issues at all with it lifting up my screen protector.) All ports are clearly accessible and the bottom piece can easily be removed for fast docking. It has a very nice rubberized yet hard finish sorda like the back of many modern cell phones. While I am used to an invisible shield and don't really appreciate the extra bulk added by cases, I researched and this is the most form fitting hard case with full coverage. I included some pics, sorry about the not so great quality I was shooting at night.

• It shows off the Apple logo on back, a nice added touch.
  • The case covers the entire chrome bezel, what you see in the pic below is just the flash from the camera reflecting off the edge of my screen protector.
  • Nice felt lining to prevent scratches on the back of your iPhone
  • Ultra slim design adds little bulk to the iPhone 3G(as little as possible anyway)
  • Bottom piece easily detaches for docking

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
Yeah, I love this case (along with the holster). I just don't know how much protection it offers. I've moved on to the ivyskin quattro t4 case, I like the coverage the case provides the screen, and the whole body of the phone. It feels like the Seidio Innocase II also.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yeah, I love this case (along with the holster). I just don't know how much protection it offers. I've moved on to the ivyskin quattro t4 case, I like the coverage the case provides the screen, and the whole body of the phone. It feels like the Seidio Innocase II also.
It protects from drops just fine. Dropped it pretty hard on the pavement while walking the dog yesterday. Few dings on the case but phone is still mint. Though it is thin, it provides plenty of drop protection.