Seidio iPhone Screen Protector

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alexp003

Oct 12, 2007
I pulled it out of the package to put it on the phone and as soon as I peeled the backing off to put it on the phone, dust got all over it and it was ruined and had to be thrown away. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, should I ask for a refund or is there another screen protector brand out there that works a little better? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I pulled it out of the package to put it on the phone and as soon as I peeled the backing off to put it on the phone, dust got all over it and it was ruined and had to be thrown away. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, should I ask for a refund or is there another screen protector brand out there that works a little better? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Alex,

I'm sorry you had problems with your screen protector. Please email me your information and order number and I'll see you get a replacement (forum@seidio.com)

I also posted these tips on another thread...they may help you next time.

1) Make sure the screen is completely clean and there's nothing on it. I know this sounds obvious, but even the smallest particle of dust can show up as a bubble under your screen protector.

2) If any small particles get on your screen protector here's the way I clean it. First use the backing to grab just the edge of the protector. Then flip it over and use scotch tape to remove anything from the side that sticks to the iPhone. I apply a piece, remove it, then get a new piece for the next row until I've completely gone over the entire thing. Then re-apply it to a clean screen and you're all good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
Alex,

I'm sorry you had problems with your screen protector. Please email me your information and order number and I'll see you get a replacement (forum@seidio.com)

1) Make sure the screen is completely clean and there's nothing on it. I know this sounds obvious, but even the smallest particle of dust can show up as a bubble under your screen protector.

2) If any small particles get on your screen protector here's the way I clean it. First use the backing to grab just the edge of the protector. Then flip it over and use scotch tape to remove anything from the side that sticks to the iPhone. I apply a piece, remove it, then get a new piece for the next row until I've completely gone over the entire thing. Then re-apply it to a clean screen and you're all good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT do businesss with Seidio, at least don't do businesss through their website. I have sent emails and repeatedly requested they call me on a problem I had with them, and have not received a call nor an email response from them. I tried to buy the Hybrid Combo for my iPhone, and the website said my debit card was rejected (I have $3000 in the account). It said this 3 times, and now it has charged my card 3 times. I immediately sent an email (Sunday night), and then another email requesting they call me, and I have NOT received a response. I will never do businesss with that webseller again. If you buy Seidio products through another website, like this one, you should have no problem. I used to buy their products for my Treo from Trenauts all the time, and had no problems.

sr4482

Oct 9, 2007
I am also having problems with this screen protector. I cleaned my iPhone screen with a lint free cloth and as soon as I put it on the iPhone I got dust on it.

I attempted to clean the protector, but no luck. What do I need to do to attempt an exchange?

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT do businesss with Seidio, at least don't do businesss through their website. I have sent emails and repeatedly requested they call me on a problem I had with them, and have not received a call nor an email response from them. I tried to buy the Hybrid Combo for my iPhone, and the website said my debit card was rejected (I have $3000 in the account). It said this 3 times, and now it has charged my card 3 times. I immediately sent an email (Sunday night), and then another email requesting they call me, and I have NOT received a response. I will never do businesss with that webseller again. If you buy Seidio products through another website, like this one, you should have no problem. I used to buy their products for my Treo from Trenauts all the time, and had no problems.
Scott,

I apologize for the problems you had with your credit card. We don't actually have anyone here on the weekends, but someone should've contacted you yesterday to take care of your problem. If you don't mind, please send me an email and I'll make sure someone contacts you today.

Thanks,

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I am also having problems with this screen protector. I cleaned my iPhone screen with a lint free cloth and as soon as I put it on the iPhone I got dust on it.

I attempted to clean the protector, but no luck. What do I need to do to attempt an exchange?
Just email me with your contact information and order number (forum@seidio.com) and I'll make sure you get a replacement.

Due to the very nature of a screen protector it will definitely attract anything floating around in the air. In the future, you may want to try my "tape method" to get anything off of it before application. The great thing is that once it's on you typically won't need to replace it.

Thanks

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Scott,

I believe Margaret, our Seidio customer service manager has contacted you and resolved the issue. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Seidio Service Team

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Install these things in the bathroom after running the shower on hot for a little bit, the steam grabs all the dust and makes for a much better install. I use the Crystal film on mine, should work the same for these!

alexp003

Oct 12, 2007
Alex,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Thank you for all of your help. Ive sent the email and look forward to trying your product again. Thanks. Btw, The slim rubberized hard case is working out great. Definitely recommend to everyone.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
Scott,

I believe Margaret, our Seidio customer service manager has contacted you and resolved the issue. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Seidio Service Team
Yes, I finally received a call after emailing requests for a call several times. The problem was resolved, even though it still made me wonder/laugh. Margaret told me that she was going to give me the courtesy of CHARGING me $6.95 for shipping, but give me the shipping that usually costs $8.95 for my inconvenience. I appreciated that, yet when I looked at my emailed receipt, I got charged for $8.95 for the shipping, lol. I just found it funny, I could care less about the $2.00. Overall, though it was a weird situation, I will still think twice about ordering straight from Seidio, and since I've ordered their products from third parts sites like this one, I will probably continue that route. I will say, Margaret was incredibly helpful, and incredibly knowledgeable about the situation and did an excellent job. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm from NYC, and a little impatient, but I always expect 100% perfect service, and become wary when it's not the case. I do love Seidio products though, and give them an A+ on their products !

aky

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
i have the same problem, since i put my protector on (5months ago) there has been bubbles, dust and what not on my screen... doesn't look good at all...

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
i have the same problem, since i put my protector on (5months ago) there has been bubbles, dust and what not on my screen... doesn't look good at all...
The only way you'll get bubbles is from particles under the screen protector prior to installation. If you'll email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll get you a replacement along with some tips on application.

Thanks,

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that's encouraging. I just ordered a clip for mine, so it's good to know you guys stand behind your product. even when it is user error!

aky

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
thanks, you have mail

while im at it, i also ordered a case from you as well, black case, no holister... the one that just clips together... one of the clips snapped off as well, this happened very early when i bought it... so whenever my phone drops, the case falls apart as well...

seidioseidio

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
thanks, you have mail

while im at it, i also ordered a case from you as well, black case, no holister... the one that just clips together... one of the clips snapped off as well, this happened very early when i bought it... so whenever my phone drops, the case falls apart as well...
Please send your contact and original order number to forum@seidio.com and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks