Seidio Rubberized Holster Review

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I have had so many questions about my Seidio Holster, that I thought I would post a full review of this holster. Hopefully someone will find this useful.

The Seidio Rubberized Holster is designed to hold the "naked" iPhone. The first thing that you notice about this holster is the name. It really is rubberized. The entire holster is covered in a thin rubber like coating that will prevent the holster from scratching the phone. This coating is what sets this holster apart from some of the others that I have seen. It gives this a nice "finished" appearance in addition to protecting your phone.

The holster is designed for the phone to be used facing inward. The inside, the part that will come in contact with the glass screen, is covered in a very nice looking black felt material to protect the screen.

The phone and holster fit together like a glove. There is no doubt that this product was designed specifically for the iPhone. The fit is perfect.
One of the things you have to worry about with a holster of this type is how securely the phone is held in place. To make sure that the phone stays in the holster when placed in the holster, the Seidio Holster has a spring-loaded clip that holds the phone in place. The spring on this clip is very sturdy and once it is in place, there is no way to pull the phone out of this holster without releasing the clip. To release the iPhone you simply push up on the clip with one finger while removing the phone. This becomes second nature and you do it without even thinking about it. And putting the phone back is just as simple. You insert the bottom of the phone into the holster and push the phone in place past the spring clip at the top locking it in place. It really is a simple process.

The other problem that I have with a lot of cases and holsters that I have tried is the actual belt clip. This seems like the most obvious part to get right on a holster but that is not always the case. Here Seidio got it right. The part that clips onto your belt is very sturdy, has a slim profile, and doesn't stick way off your hip. It is very easy to clip onto your belt and is held securely in place. You will not have to worry about knocking this thing off your belt. And the clip itself rotates. It will lock into seven different positions, allowing you to wear this holster vertical, horizontal, and any place in between. The clip when set on one of these seven positions will stay in place, it does not spin around but rather locks in place.

You can tell that a lot of effort went into the design of this product. All buttons and connections are accessible while the phone is in this case. You can even plug into the bottom connection while the phone is in the holster.

Overall, I have not found anything about this holster that I do not like. It works exactly as designed. The quality of the product is very good and I anticipate being able to use this for quite some time.
If you are looking for a simple way to carry your phone "naked" allowing easy access to the phone and its controls, then you can't go wrong with the Seidio Rubberized Holster.
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=795

Last edited by a moderator:

jgirt

Jul 16, 2007
So, when it says for use with unskinned phones I am assuming they mean you cant use an invisibleSHIELD or bodyzone skin. Does anyone know it the new clip they have will work with these skins.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
So, when it says for use with unskinned phones I am assuming they mean you cant use an invisibleSHIELD or bodyzone skin. Does anyone know it the new clip they have will work with these skins.
I don't have either of these but I think it would work with the invisiShield since this is just a thin plastic covering. I am not familiar with the bodyzone skin. This will not work with hard skins that wrap around the entire phone such as this http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=834
There is another very similar holster that works with these skins.