Sell broken iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmg97, Jan 10, 2008.

1. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

Hello, I dropped and broke my iPhone. The screen shows half the picture but the touch works all over. How much do you think I can get for it and if I hook it up to my computer can I retreive and clear all the info from it ?

Thanks
    Brian

2. phsycology

phsycology Zealot
    Gold

Why don't you take your iPhone to Apple and get a new one? Presuming you have some sort of insurance? Plus i think that the only people who will buy it off you is anyone who is looking for a spare battery etc.

3. KNK

KNK New Member

Apple will repair it for $250

In terms of info, first sync the phone to save everything.
    Then undock the phone and just go in and delete all your contacts, pics etc.

But is your phone jailbroke? Then restore.

4. hpuk

hpuk New Member
    Bronze

are you going toget a new one? Maybe try and sell on ebay!

5. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

Well there is no insurance on the phone so that won't work. I figure if I am going to pay 250.00 to get it fixed I would rather pay 200 extra and get a brand new one. Phone is jailbroken so I guess I will get the info like you said then restore it. I think I will sell it on ebay just to get some $$$ back :laugh2:

6. KNK

KNK New Member

If your phone is an original, not 1.1.2 OBT, it will bring more because they can be sold on eBay for unLocking purposes.

7. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

I know I have the 1.1.1 software. Never updated after the jailbreak.

8. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member
    Gold

Are you going to tell the buyer that it's broken? If so, I doubt they'll buy it. If not, that's pretty cheap.

- John

9. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

Why the hell would I try and rip someone off ? Of course I am going to tell them its broken. Just look at ebay in used phones. Think I will have no prob selling.

10. kylegod

kylegod New Member
    Silver

If youre still under warranty and the screen isn't cracked or anything, i would try taking it back to Apple saying the screen just stopped working.

11. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

You could be on to something :laugh2: I just don't want a refurb. I want to be the first person to touch the phone. If I buy a new one what firmware do they come with ?

12. KNK

KNK New Member

It will be 1.1.2 OBT you can jailbreak, but not unLock

13. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

Not worried about unlocking. I use ATT. I would like the little tid bits :) Can I just go to jailbreakme.com or is it more complicated now ?

14. KNK

KNK New Member

Actually here is a brand new thread from?

#14 KNK, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  15. kylegod

kylegod New Member
    Silver

I just got a refurb and trust me I'm very anal about my iPhone and its brand new pretty much. They replace every single thing including the battery so its pretty much brand new. And its better than what you have now so I'd consider it

16. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member
    Gold

I can't stand the thought of refurb anythings. Knowing that it's possible that some guy that I don't know has licked my iPhone is quite disturbing to me, no matter how thoroughly Apple cleaned it.

- John

17. bmg97

bmg97 New Member
    Bronze

I have to agree ! Only earwax on my phone is going to me mine :)

18. Everything

Everything New Member

If you can't fix the phone yourself. Your better off removing all your personal data, then selling your iPhone. There are many websites that will buy it from you for a decent price. You can also auction it off. There is a website that allows its users to buy and sell broken and repairable electronics.
    I think it is Salvage-it.com. I am not sure. Just Google it.

GoodLuck.

19. Tom Tobias

Tom Tobias New Member

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

so you can go to Apple and see how much for the fix ($220 I think unless they help a ya out)
    you could check e-bay what it the phone fetches fixed or unfixed (many buy broken iPhones)
    There are also repair shops out there fix'n it for about $100. What I would do? If the fixed phone fetches more then the broken +$100 I repair it sell it e-bay/graigs list. Or just sell broken phone either ebay or phone repair shop