Sell broken iPhone?

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Hello, I dropped and broke my iPhone. The screen shows half the picture but the touch works all over. How much do you think I can get for it and if I hook it up to my computer can I retreive and clear all the info from it ?

Thanks
Brian

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Why don't you take your iPhone to Apple and get a new one? Presuming you have some sort of insurance? Plus i think that the only people who will buy it off you is anyone who is looking for a spare battery etc.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello, I dropped and broke my iPhone. The screen shows half the picture but the touch works all over. How much do you think I can get for it and if I hook it up to my computer can I retreive and clear all the info from it ?

Thanks
Brian

Apple will repair it for $250

In terms of info, first sync the phone to save everything.
Then undock the phone and just go in and delete all your contacts, pics etc.

But is your phone jailbroke? Then restore.

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London

Thanks
Brian

are you going toget a new one? Maybe try and sell on ebay!

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Well there is no insurance on the phone so that won't work. I figure if I am going to pay 250.00 to get it fixed I would rather pay 200 extra and get a brand new one. Phone is jailbroken so I guess I will get the info like you said then restore it. I think I will sell it on ebay just to get some $$$ back :laugh2:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well there is no insurance on the phone so that won't work. I figure if I am going to pay 250.00 to get it fixed I would rather pay 200 extra and get a brand new one. Phone is jailbroken so I guess I will get the info like you said then restore it. I think I will sell it on ebay just to get some $$$ back :laugh2:

If your phone is an original, not 1.1.2 OBT, it will bring more because they can be sold on eBay for unLocking purposes.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Are you going to tell the buyer that it's broken? If so, I doubt they'll buy it. If not, that's pretty cheap.

- John

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Are you going to tell the buyer that it's broken? If so, I doubt they'll buy it. If not, that's pretty cheap.

- John
Why the hell would I try and rip someone off ? Of course I am going to tell them its broken. Just look at ebay in used phones. Think I will have no prob selling.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
If youre still under warranty and the screen isn't cracked or anything, i would try taking it back to Apple saying the screen just stopped working.

You could be on to something :laugh2: I just don't want a refurb. I want to be the first person to touch the phone. If I buy a new one what firmware do they come with ?

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Not worried about unlocking. I use ATT. I would like the little tid bits :) Can I just go to jailbreakme.com or is it more complicated now ?

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
You could be on to something :laugh2: I just don't want a refurb. I want to be the first person to touch the phone. If I buy a new one what firmware do they come with ?
I just got a refurb and trust me I'm very anal about my iPhone and its brand new pretty much. They replace every single thing including the battery so its pretty much brand new. And its better than what you have now so I'd consider it

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I can't stand the thought of refurb anythings. Knowing that it's possible that some guy that I don't know has licked my iPhone is quite disturbing to me, no matter how thoroughly Apple cleaned it.

- John

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I can't stand the thought of refurb anythings. Knowing that it's possible that some guy that I don't know has licked my iPhone is quite disturbing to me, no matter how thoroughly Apple cleaned it.

- John
I have to agree ! Only earwax on my phone is going to me mine :)

Everything

Sep 9, 2010
If you can't fix the phone yourself. Your better off removing all your personal data, then selling your iPhone. There are many websites that will buy it from you for a decent price. You can also auction it off. There is a website that allows its users to buy and sell broken and repairable electronics.
I think it is Salvage-it.com. I am not sure. Just Google it.

GoodLuck.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
so you can go to Apple and see how much for the fix ($220 I think unless they help a ya out)
you could check e-bay what it the phone fetches fixed or unfixed (many buy broken iPhones)
There are also repair shops out there fix'n it for about $100. What I would do? If the fixed phone fetches more then the broken +$100 I repair it sell it e-bay/graigs list. Or just sell broken phone either ebay or phone repair shop