selling a "slightly" cracked iPhone?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
so my iPhone is cracked along the bottom black part (that the home button is on) and just barely along the bottom of the actual screen. how much do you think i could get for it if i unlock it? and what else should/could i do to get as much as possible?

here is a pic of it....its not very noticeable. especially the part on the actual screen when its on. sometimes i forget its there lol

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
im not thinking to much because didn't Apple start selling refurns for 250?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well Apple is out of new iPhones online, and i just checked and they are out of refurbs too. and i may be wrong but wont people that don't know how to unlock, pay for more?

and about the resolution, its just as good as the iPhones (which means Apple needs to raise the quality!) but even in person the crack isn't very noticeable. my mom didn't even notice it for a couple months and i just leave it sitting on the table for her to see all the time.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
well Apple is out of new iPhones online, and i just checked and they are out of refurbs too. and i may be wrong but wont people that don't know how to unlock, pay for more?

and about the resolution, its just as good as the iPhones (which means Apple needs to raise the quality!) but even in person the crack isn't very noticeable. my mom didn't even notice it for a couple months and i just leave it sitting on the table for her to see all the time.
Did you take it with another phone then? Was it a 2.0 megapixel? If so, the lighting must just be crap then. I really doubt you're going to get much with a crack in it. You can list it reasonably less in price, noting the crack, and see where it goes from there (if you're eBay listing it).

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
why not just exchange it? Didn't you buy insurance?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
there is no physical insurance like that is there? i mean i know if the software messes up but if you drop it there isn't is there?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol, it looks like the chalkline of a dead amoeba in that photo. Where's the crack? iPhone is not good for macro shots.

All I can say is if you intend to sell it, I would do it quick because the value on 1G iPhones will sadly go down very soon. I would guess you could maybe get $150-200 for it.