Selling iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by Smarty2600, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I was looking at doing at trading in my wifi only 32 GB iPad 2 on amazon's electronic trade-in store but I would get an amazon gift card only that way but does Amazon actually sell the iPad 2 currently without strange third party sellers marking up the price? My main question is would I actually be able to give my iPad to amazon and then get the iPad 3 for the same $600 as the same amount that Apple charges at its stores. And also will amazon get the iPad 3 later then the release date? Should I use amazon where I can get more gift card money or should I get less trade-in money through gazelle in order to easily buy the iPad 3 for the same prices it is sold everywhere.

2. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I think amazon gives a lot less for a lot of things... I think go through a private sale, eBay, Craigslist ex.. you would get more money for it. I've traded some stuff with amazon, school books they give good prices, but not much with anything else. How much is amazon giving you for the iPad?

3. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I know that any trade in service gives me less money than a private sale but I'm lazy and don't want to deal with the hassle of ebay/payal and craigslist creeps me out. Mostly I'm wondering if Amazon will likely sell the iPad 3 at the regular price and close to the regular release date that Apple will set for itself and perhaps certain other retailers.