selling iPhone V1 with applications already installed?

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I have a 3G and am going to sell my V1, but was thinking of adding all the applications (free and bought) to the iPhone V1 to "add value". I tried searching and couldn't find any previous posts about good idea/ bad idea. What are the Pros/ Cons of doing this? I think if the new user has an update it will be stuck to my account, right? Would it wipe clean on the first "Sync"? Could they get access to my account? Thanks for any/all help and/or comments.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
IMO, I don't think its a good idea.

They won't be able to sync it to their computer or anything unless they delete all your stuff or their stuff. Also, your iTunes account e-mail would be on there and possibly other info.

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
that's what i was thinking, bad idea, just wanted others opinions...others please throw in your $.02.

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
how much ? i want it.. i don't care about "your" apps... i just want another working iPhone... lemme know.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Saverino is right - it's not a good idea. And they'll be wiped on the new owner's first sync with their own computer anyway, unless you give them your iTunes ID and password.

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
thanks Saverino and Macgirl!