Selling my 3G unlocked. quick question I need help on...

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I unlocked with ultrasn0w. will this work with out of country sims? I just want to make sure.

I received this question on my eBay auction:

"Hi you said that it's unlocked. Can I use it with a SIM from outside US. I live here and in Brasil. Do you think it's gonna work? tks."

it's a 1 day auction, so fast replies would be much appreciated. :)

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
It should work with any SIM regardless of carrier. Have you tested it to be sure? I bought a pre-paid T-Mobile SIM for $10 for the purposes of testing that unlocking has actually worked. If a T-Mobile SIM works in your iPhone, an international SIM will work as well.

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
It should work with any SIM regardless of carrier. Have you tested it to be sure? I bought a pre-paid T-Mobile SIM for $10 for the purposes of testing that unlocking has actually worked. If a T-Mobile SIM works in your iPhone, an international SIM will work as well.
That's a good idea. Also be careful shipping with shipping prices to Brazil. It can be a real biatch!

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Thanks, yes, I have.

That's a good idea. Also be careful shipping with shipping prices to Brazil. It can be a real biatch!
Yeah, thanks. I specifically noted on the auction that I only ship to US bidders. I think the person asking that question was saying that they live here (in the US) and in Brazil as well.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Awesome, great idea! I knew that overseas carriers sold prepaid SIM's, but I had no idea T-Mobile did. I unlocked with Ultrasn0w, but haven't verified that it worked yet since I have AT&T. I'm going to go get a prepaid T-Mobile SIM soon.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Awesome, great idea! I knew that overseas carriers sold prepaid SIM's, but I had no idea T-Mobile did. I unlocked with Ultrasn0w, but haven't verified that it worked yet since I have AT&T. I'm going to go get a prepaid T-Mobile SIM soon.
Or if you have a friend with t-mobile, you can borrow it real fast. that's what i did. actually a friend of a friend.

so even if none of your friends use t-mobile, ask them if they know anyone. *shrug* could save you $10

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Or if you have a friend with t-mobile, you can borrow it real fast. that's what i did. actually a friend of a friend.

so even if none of your friends use t-mobile, ask them if they know anyone. *shrug* could save you $10
I know someone with a local GSM carrier and was planning on trying it out that way, but haven't had the chance yet. Anyway, I think it would be really cool to have some prepaid minutes for it. How many minutes do you get for $10? Can you just call and add minutes if they are running low?

I don't suppose you could port a number from another carrier over to T-Mobile for a prepaid SIM card? I have a Sprint account that I don't use much it would be really cool to be able to port it to T-Mobile without a contract.