Selling my iPhone 4

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Just have one question. I'm selling my iPhone 4 and wanted to know, do I have to remove the sim card before selling it. I already activated my 4S, so what is the point of taking it out? Isn't it blank? Also, what about the buyer, won't he need a sim card to get started? Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
It's standard practice to sell your iPhone with no SIM card, at least for me anyway. And yes, the buyer will need to provide his own SIM card before he can use the cellular functions of the iPhone. Hope this helps

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just have one question. I'm selling my iPhone 4 and wanted to know, do I have to remove the sim card before selling it. I already activated my 4S, so what is the point of taking it out? Isn't it blank? Also, what about the buyer, won't he need a sim card to get started? Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
He'll have to sign up for new service, so AT&T will provide him/her with a new microSIM card. As a buyer, I don't believe they expect a microSIM to come with the iPhone.

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
Because it has your personal number in it? If the iPhone is unlocked, the buyer wouldn't need the sim card to activate. It's a different story for locked phones. Why wouldn't anyone need a sim card? They would need a carrier provider to make calls. Without no sim, you can't make calls, but then again there's an app for that.

EDIT: Nijna'd

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
May I ask...is there any particular reason why you are selling the iPhone 4?