Selling my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Sschep1, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

Just have one question. I'm selling my iPhone 4 and wanted to know, do I have to remove the sim card before selling it. I already activated my 4S, so what is the point of taking it out? Isn't it blank? Also, what about the buyer, won't he need a sim card to get started? Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

It's standard practice to sell your iPhone with no SIM card, at least for me anyway. And yes, the buyer will need to provide his own SIM card before he can use the cellular functions of the iPhone. Hope this helps

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

He'll have to sign up for new service, so AT&T will provide him/her with a new microSIM card. As a buyer, I don't believe they expect a microSIM to come with the iPhone.

4. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

Because it has your personal number in it? If the iPhone is unlocked, the buyer wouldn't need the sim card to activate. It's a different story for locked phones. Why wouldn't anyone need a sim card? They would need a carrier provider to make calls. Without no sim, you can't make calls, but then again there's an app for that.

EDIT: Nijna'd

5. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

Thanks guys. That helped tremendously. I love this place.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

May I ask...is there any particular reason why you are selling the iPhone 4?

7. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

No problem, good luck with the sale (y)