selling my iPhone, what should i do

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i'm selling my iPhone for $350 unlocked and jailbroken running 1.1.4, just wondering if anyone has done this and what the proper steps are for doing it. i know to take out my sim card when i ship it, and i told the person that i might be able to load some cool apps on it for them (like ivideorecorder, snapture, summerboard, customize 2.0, etc). so should i just restore it to 1.1.4, jailbreak and unlock using ziPhone, setup as a new phone, and not sync my contacts and info with the phone? that seems most logical to me. i am very familiar with jailbreaking but have never unlocked. any advice is really appreciated.

oh and i am going to get a 3g with this money, so i know not to cancel the iPhone data plan either. thanks!

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
There are at least 5 other threads with everything you need to know. Try a quick search. I'd cut and paste for you, but I'm on my phone LOL.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
DId you already sell it? I would just sell it as is with the 2.0 only because they are more than likely gonna get the phone and wan tto be able to load apps. There's no reason to buy the phone if it's not the same as the 3G (without the 3G though)...

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
DId you already sell it? I would just sell it as is with the 2.0 only because they are more than likely gonna get the phone and wan tto be able to load apps. There's no reason to buy the phone if it's not the same as the 3G (without the 3G though)...
Not always true. I sold my V1 two days ago and the main reason the guy wanted it was because it was unlocked so he could use it with tmobile.

What you should do is ask the buyer what he wants (Unlocked or 2.0) simple.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
Not always true. I sold my V1 two days ago and the main reason the guy wanted it was because it was unlocked so he could use it with tmobile.

What you should do is ask the buyer what he wants (Unlocked or 2.0) simple.
Oh---totally didn't think of the unlocked issue...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^
That would be perfect for me man cause I get paid next week so. . .
-. . .it kinda co-insides with each other :laugh2:

How much are you asking price wise?
-and whats their condition, I care more about condition btw

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Anyone else selling an iPhone v1?
I'll probably be selling mine once I can walk into my local Apple store and walk out with a 16GB black 3G. Right now they are perpetually out of stock.