Selling Old Gadgets to Raise Money for Next iPhone

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I imagine there are a fair few of us at EIC right about now who are scheming and plotting and figuring out ways to justify and even scrape up funds for the next iPhone, that seems as if it may be out real soon.

If you're in that club and you've got any old gadgets laying around to sell, you might want to look at Second Rotation.com. They make it very easy to get a quick estimate of what they'll pay for your working or non-working items, ship them to them for free, and get paid via check or Paypal for them. And they pledge to keep your old gadgets out of landfills as well:

We provide the easiest and fastest way for you to sell electronics. When you sell cell phones, gaming consoles, mp3 players, or other gadgets to us, you'll earn cash and help save the environment by keeping old and used electronics out of landfills. Sell your old gadgets now, and feel good about it!

I've got no connection whatsoever to them. Had just heard of them a few times and finally got round to using them tonight to get rid of an old 8125 and 8525 - both in only fair to poor condition and missing various original parts and accessories - got an estimate of $125 for them ....

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
hell sir..
you would make more money selling your iPhone on
craigslist.com
or
ebay.com
they offer $268 for a perfect condition 8gb iPhone..but...
on ebay..
they are going for 460+
glad i could shed some knowledge on this subject
good day sir
Oops. I don't know exactly what you shed, but it wasn't knowledge. Try reading my original post again. Not talking about selling an iPhone at all, but selling other, older, considerably more broken-down gadgets. In my case tonight an HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) and HTC TyTN (Cingular 8525) - both are in ropy condition etc.

If you'd like to give me anything close to $268 for either or both of these, consider that offer accepted ...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
yah, in my case, i want to sell my iPhone, but it has a slight crack in it, but not on the screen. so unless you think i could get more than $114 for it, ill be happy to sell it on the website mentioned above =]

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i wonder if they take broken-down fembots...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm combing through my house to find junk to sell. I need money for the new MacBook and the iPhone.

- John

H

Hayesimus

Heck, I'll just sell my couch. :p

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I feel no need to reply to you fools
good day
Nice. How is anyone else on here a fool in this thread? Only one who seems foolish is you for replying in a way that made it obvious you didn't even read what you're replying to.

Maybe a little less good day sir, three bags full sir, I'm a legend here sir - and a little more basic reading before jumping in ...