Selling on Gazelle

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Pac73, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Pac73

Pac73 Member
    Bronze

I am thinking about selling my iPhone on gazelle. I was wondering if the offer is what you get or do they take a fee like eBay and PayPal does. Thanks

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Of course I had to look this up as I have never used Gazelle. As far as a percentage cut or any fees they take out, I am not positive as I can't find an exact answer. But I did find this.

Is there any cost or obligation to use Gazelle?

"There is no cost to having a Gazelle account or setting up a transaction with us. We pay for shipping, and if we send you a box but you decide to cancel your order, there is no charge! We would kindly ask that you recycle any unused shipping kits. You are under no obligation to send the item to us, and if you decide not to, there are never any penalties!

With an active account, you can keep track of all your transactions and also save time by logging your shipping and payment information for your next transaction. We will also keep you up to date on special Gazelle promotions such as give-aways, offer bonuses, updates on major technology releases, contests, and even the opportunity to create a watch list so you can be notified when an offer on one of your devices increases!

Gazelle is about building relationships for years to come as you cycle through device after device. You can always be sure you have a reliable and trustworthy place to bring your used devices."

https://helpcenter.gazelle.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4/kw/Are%20there%20any%20selling%20fees%3F

#2 MoneyMaker79, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Gazelle is also running a price guarantee through October 15th. Send in your iPhone after you get the new one.

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Gazelle quoted me $305 for my 32G iPhone 5. Apple quoted me $366. I'll pass on Gazelle, thank you.

5. Pac73

Pac73 Member
    Bronze

With Apple do you only get an Apple
    gift card? At least with gazelle I get cash to recoup what I lay for the new iPhone.

Sent using iCafe app

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you're wanting to get an updated iPhone, this sounds perfect for you.

Get an Apple Gift Card for your old device.

"Send us your old iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC for reuse or recycling. If it has monetary value, we’ll apply that toward an Apple Gift Card. If not, we can recycle it responsibly for you."

http://www.apple.com/recycling/

You can start this on the link I gave you. And then once all is said and done, you can get an updated device straight through Apple with the gift card.

Sent using iCafe app

7. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

This is not just a gift card for iTunes, this card can be used towards new hardware. So it can be used towards a new iPhone.

8. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I've used Gazelle several times to sell MacBooks and mobile devices. You generally get less than you would if selling via Craigslist or eBay, but still a very fair market price. Their service is excellent. Shipping to them is easy and free, they assess your device's condition quickly, and they pay you quickly.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Comparing Gazelle quotes to fair market price on eBay and Craigslist shows that they are turning a profit of about $100 on each iPhone after they put them up for sale on eBay.

10. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I sold my 4 to Gazelle to get my 5. Broke even. I'm totally fine with that. Had no problems with them whatsoever.

11. stlcheer

stlcheer Member
    Bronze

I used Gazelle to sell my iPhone 4. After buying the 5 I had about $30 left. The best part was that the money came quickly.

Sent using iCafe app