Sena Magnet Flipper Leather Case

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I bought the Sena Magnet Flipper Case for the iPhone about two months ago. I wanted to wait a while before posting a review on it. I'm assuming, I'm not the only person on this board who has gone through several styles of cases for their iPhone. My first case for my phone was a real simple leather Case Mate case which was one of the only cases to choose from at the time when the iPhone was first released. I liked that case at first, but the case eventually became loose and I no longer liked how it fit over the phone, it also didn't offer much protection. The second case I purchased was the Iskin Revo, which was an all around good case, but I ended up not liking it over time as well, I just didn't like the look of it on the phone and I hated the screen protector on it. I also noticed that my phone was still able to receive a small dent while using the Revo, so the protection wasn't as great as you'd think. I then went to the SwitchEasy capsule which was ok, I was not pleased with that case, so it didn't last longer than a week on my phone. And then I bought the LRG Leather case which was expensive but it looked stylish and I liked that case for what it was, but that was more of a case to carry your phone from place to place, once you pulled it out the case, there was no longer any protection. I also didn't like how the gold started to peal, taking away from its beauty on the metal parts.

Which brought me to the Sena MagnetFlipper case, which I had seen getting good reviews on the Apple store site and I was really into the idea of a case that flipped and covered the screen so it wouldn't get dirty while you had it in your pocket, but would easily flip when you needed to access the screen. I also loved the elegant leather of the case and the smooth feel when you have it in your palm.

The case has an option for a clip in the back, but I prefer to just keep it inside my front pocket. It's not the thinnest case, but if you're looking for style, this is probably a case that's more geared towards you. It does offer some protection, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable dropping the phone on the ground.

Another con to this case is that the flip cover is like a double edged sword, it closes to protect the screen, but it can get annoying having to flip it to check your caller ID when the phone rings.

The case does offer a small pouch to fit something as thin as a credit card into the area, it doesn't offer much room for anything else.

The leather is smooth, the case fits the phone well and securely, the cover easily flips with the flick of the wrist due to the magnet on the cover.

The magnet has not affected my phone reception or the phone itself.

With that being said, this is not the perfect case, but it's been my favorite out of all the cases I have owned. This is not a cheap case, as it will set you back 50 dollars. But, if you're looking for an elegant looking leather case that offers protection from the screen, then the Sena Magnet Flipper is for you.

It does not fit on the iPhone dock, but you can connect the USB cord with the case still on, it does offer openings for that and it has openings to easily access the headphone port and all other buttons on the iPhone.

With the coming of the 3G iPhone, I think it's safe to say this will be the last case I buy for this first generation iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I bought the Sena Magnet Flipper Case for the iPhone about two months ago. I wanted to wait a while before posting a review on it. I'm assuming, I'm not the only person on this board who has gone through several styles of cases for their iPhone. My first case for my phone was a real simple leather Case Mate case which was one of the only cases to choose from at the time when the iPhone was first released. I liked that case at first, but the case eventually became loose and I no longer liked how it fit over the phone, it also didn't offer much protection. The second case I purchased was the Iskin Revo, which was an all around good case, but I ended up not liking it over time as well, I just didn't like the look of it on the phone and I hated the screen protector on it. I also noticed that my phone was still able to receive a small dent while using the Revo, so the protection wasn't as great as you'd think. I then went to the SwitchEasy capsule which was ok, I was not pleased with that case, so it didn't last longer than a week on my phone. And then I bought the LRG Leather case which was expensive but it looked stylish and I liked that case for what it was, but that was more of a case to carry your phone from place to place, once you pulled it out the case, there was no longer any protection. I also didn't like how the gold started to peal, taking away from its beauty on the metal parts.

Which brought me to the Sena MagnetFlipper case, which I had seen getting good reviews on the Apple store site and I was really into the idea of a case that flipped and covered the screen so it wouldn't get dirty while you had it in your pocket, but would easily flip when you needed to access the screen. I also loved the elegant leather of the case and the smooth feel when you have it in your palm.

The case has an option for a clip in the back, but I prefer to just keep it inside my front pocket. It's not the thinnest case, but if you're looking for style, this is probably a case that's more geared towards you. It does offer some protection, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable dropping the phone on the ground.

Another con to this case is that the flip cover is like a double edged sword, it closes to protect the screen, but it can get annoying having to flip it to check your caller ID when the phone rings.

The case does offer a small pouch to fit something as thin as a credit card into the area, it doesn't offer much room for anything else.

The leather is smooth, the case fits the phone well and securely, the cover easily flips with the flick of the wrist due to the magnet on the cover.

The magnet has not affected my phone reception or the phone itself.

With that being said, this is not the perfect case, but it's been my favorite out of all the cases I have owned. This is not a cheap case, as it will set you back 50 dollars. But, if you're looking for an elegant looking leather case that offers protection from the screen, then the Sena Magnet Flipper is for you.

It does not fit on the iPhone dock, but you can connect the USB cord with the case still on, it does offer openings for that and it has openings to easily access the headphone port and all other buttons on the iPhone.

With the coming of the 3G iPhone, I think it's safe to say this will be the last case I buy for this first generation iPhone.
I bought this case at the Apple store in NYC. It's a really nice looking case, very classy, and very well made. I really wish they had just a normal smooth black leather version, but they only had the one in your picture. That being said, I have no complaints about this case, very nice, and fits very tight.

Last edited by a moderator:

kbalch

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Waltham, MA
I bought this case at the Apple store in NYC. It's a really nice looking case, very classy, and very well made. I really wish they had just a normal smooth black leather version, but they only had the one in your picture. That being said, I have no complaints about this case, very nice, and fits very tight.
They do (or did as of January '08) make a smooth black case in addition to the black croc, as that's the one I bought for my wife's iPhone. She's been very happy with it.

On another note, I've got the Switcheasy Capsule for my first gen iPhone and it's been the perfect case for me. I hope they make a version for the 3G...

Ken