Send AND RECEIVE MMS on the iPhone!

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Sorry if I am late on this one. I searched and found no topics on the new version. I have tested this and it works both ways....

1) Uninstall your current SwirlyMMS
2) Add the following source to the installer: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml
3) Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone
when installation has finsihed)
4) Have fun

USA At&t mms settings:
mmsc.cingular.com

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
for AT&T nothing.

S

Starry

Ok what is my Proxy?
And do I fill out the bottom part and what is that info :(
I thought this would be easy.. boy am I a moron! LOL

S

Starry

This goes on the first line right ? mmsc.cingular.com
This goes on the second line RIGHT? what are these numbers? 066.209.011.032

S

Starry

oh please oh please oh please.....!
This is why I love you so Mr. Honda.. you make me smile... onry but you make me smile.. :)

Ok I have to hit the hay... it's almost 1am and I don't want to get up anyhow so why should tomorrow be any different LOL...

Find us an answer dahling *Kisses*

Storm

Nov 20, 2007
Texas
this won't work unless MMS is enabled on your plan. Most of us with just an iPhone on our plan don't have MMS activated. They won't activate it seeing just an iPhone on the account.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
i didn't think about that.... good thing i don't have an iPhone plan.

S

Starry

this won't work unless MMS is enabled on your plan. Most of us with just an iPhone on our plan don't have MMS activated. They won't activate it seeing just an iPhone on the account.
Thanks Son... Leave it to you to figure it out!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just sent myself a test mms, and it worked but said the picture was saved to a location in the iPhone, so how do I retrieve it ?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I just lost connectivity to my Service provider when I uninstalled this. Not certain this will happen to anyone else but I just thought I'd mention it.

Restoring as I type this :T At least I can try out the new ZiPhone :)

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
And I won't be trying this now. You know I believe we need a better category sytem on installer. Like one that has all the apps that flawlessly work on what ever firmware your on. I'm on 1.1.4 and it seems that a lot of apps (if they do work) will be missing features. Examples: mobilescrobbler, iradio.

Oh and I'd skip the new ziPhone if ya can. My mail and youtube are f'd up and I can't find fixes that work on installer. Anyone know if cydia has one?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
very disappointed after how this thread started. This app STILL SUX. I really do hope that this application can find some sort of fix OR replacement or something. I know that email is better and newer and cheaper but I don't care. I want the option to MMS.

duckcall

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I just sent myself a test mms, and it worked but said the picture was saved to a location in the iPhone, so how do I retrieve it ?
I'm having the same problem, did you figure it out?

duckcall

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
alright I found them but I had to use mobilefinder.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

Ok, I just dialed 611 to get to an ATT operator. I lied and said I had an OLD phone that I would slide the sim card in and out of when I went out on the "boat." Would they please just enable MMS on my account for the very few times that I might be using that phone and want to show a picture of a big fish? No problem, he said, and mentioned that at some point to just power off whatever phone I'm using and the new settings will take effect. He did it without hesitation...I am an ATT customer that made the switch just for the iPhone. I DO NOT have another phone.....

So now I assume that MMS is enabled on my iPhone ATT account.....